Thread: Construction Map

Default Construction Map

I did this a few years ago, but I've made an updated NYC construction Google map overlay. Check it out here: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...65958,0.154324

Please let me know if you see any mistakes or if I'm missing stuff. My goal was to put locations for major building construction that is either still ongoing or is proposed, but not totally dead in the water.

If you're willing to keep this updated, I'm willing to give updates. Right now it shows a single Gold St. Hotel. This is actually two projects:

6 Platt St. and 215 Pearl St. They will be two separate towers next to one another. At least 6 Platt is under Construction

30 Fletcher (not on map) around the corner from here is also U/C.

99 Washington (not on map) is U/C.

21 Ann (not on map) is U/C

45 Ann (not on map) is U/C

53 Nassau (not on map) is Proposed.

180 Broadway (not on map) is U/C.

That's all the stuff below Chambers that I noticed. I'll probably have time to look at other neighborhoods later.

Thanks!! - I added most, couldn't find much on either 45 Ann or 53 Nassau

45 Ann is discussed at the end of the NY Hotel News thread: http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showth...t=4913&page=61 (rendering there). Incidentally, I just walked by, and they've finished excavation for it. There's a bunch of rebar in the pit now.

53 Nassau is a mistake on my part. It's 115-117 Nassau.

115 Nassau is apparently 55 floors of Gene Kaufman, ughh, oh dear lord

The Touraine at Lexington Ave. and 65th street is not on your map.

Thank you Sid, I have added The Touraine

if you're doing UES, you might as well include 200E79 http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25526

There's the huge Citypoint project in Brooklyn. Phase 1 (retail) is almost done I think. There are a few pictures floating around of what Phase 2 and 3 should look like.

There are also several project u/c in Williamsburg. Mostly lowrises.

And don't forget that big engineering school (can't remember which one?) for Roosevelt Island.

Thank you EastMillinocket & Sid - I've added some more (I didn't add the Roosevelt Island project since I think that one is a very distant proposal if I'm not mistaken)... Earlier this year I was thinking that NYC might be entering a lull in highrise construction, but there's definitely a good amount of construction ongoing and planned for the foreseeable future. Seems like 3-4k worth of hotel rooms will come online in the years ahead. Exciting times!

There's this twin-towered residential complex for Newport, Jersey City as well (I see you've started adding NJ devs). (photo courtesy Nexis4Jersey from Jersey City Rising thread):

There something u/c in the NE corner of Newport, but I'm not sure if it's these towers or another tower.

There's also the massive Riverside Center development for Hudson River at 59th Street, but who knows when (if) that will start. It's been several years already.
    Last edited by Sid; April 27th, 2012 at 03:37 PM.

Corner of 14th Street &5thAve: concrete formwork now up to about 11 stories high. whats happening there?

Been "schooled" - thanks Lofter: you Rock!

P.S. - Next time I will check the "construction map" first - just checked and it is included.
    Last edited by infoshare; April 28th, 2012 at 11:52 AM.

New Listing for the map on 57th & 11th Ave: foundation excavation now underway.