Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: One Vanderbilt - 42nd and Madison - 1200 ft

Forum Veteran

So over 100 ft taller than 432 Park

I like! More more more

Thank you. Did we ever figure out what happened to lofter?

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

There's a thread somewhere about his heart condition.

Default New Renderings & Video of One Vanderbilt, Midtown’s Future Tallest Office Tower

New Renderings & Video of One Vanderbilt, Midtown’s Future Tallest Office Tower
    By Ondel Hylton
    December 3, 2015
    http://www.6sqft.com/new-renderings-video-of-one-vanderbilt-midtowns-future-tallest-office-tower/

The digital production studio Visualhouse has posted on their website our first motion video look at SL Green’s 63-story office tower known as One Vanderbilt. Hailed to forever change the face of Midtown East and reinvigorate the business district, the $1 billion+, 1.6-million-square-foot tower was unanimously approved by the City Council this past summer, thus granting SL Green the green light to begin construction of the supertower immediately.

More info and images in the post here.

There's a lot of empty space up top there...

Forum Veteran

That's one big fat-bottomed girl right there

Top looks good

I think the top is one of the worst parts, a great big middle finger afterthought !

I don't see a middle finger; but design wise I do see a 'middle-ground'. Looking at those skyline photos of the city, I think the designers found a good middle ground between the MetLife buildings' boring flat top, and the artfully articulated crowns of the Chrysler building and the Empire state building. I am pleased with the look of this building in general, and the crown in particular; so for that reason I give this building my "good design" seal of approval.

I like to take a simple pass/fail approach to judging the merits of the 'aesthetic' aspect of a buildings' design: if it is deemed "good design" - it is a pass.

If anyone who visits this thread cares to do so; it would be great to see your opinion on the aesthetics of this building as being either a 'pass' or a 'fail' .

I like the way the top looks, but why can't it be filled with actual office space at least up to the first setback?

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

All the renderings are from the same angle.

Great to see that - despite the loss of many fairly nice historic masonry buildings for this Death Star-sized building - one small bit will remain ...

... the lame, seemingly always-empty TD Bank Branch on Madison and 42nd.

Isn't the granite tower next door gonna disappear too? There's some humongous air rights up for grabs. Serious height is possible.

One Vanderbilt May Cost More Than $3B to Construct

It'd rank as one of New York City's most expensive buildings

by Amy Plitt
    Jun 7, 2016

One Vanderbilt, SL Green's forthcoming Midtown East supertall, is going to be super pricey to build. The Real Deal reports that the building, slated to rise 1,500 feet, could have a total cost of as much as $3.14 billion, which would put it in the same ballpark as expensive skyscrapers like One World Trade Center, which cost around $3.8 billion to construct.

But SL Green isn't looking to build this skyscraper alone: During a conference, CEO Marc Holliday told an assembled crowd that the firm is looking to partner with other companies on developing the more than 1 million-square-foot tower, which would help defray some of the cost of the building.

Construction on the skyscraper has yet to begin, but SL Green is also seeking a loan of about $1.5 billion to help with construction costs. Once it gets underway, the building is expected to be completed by 2021.

One Vanderbilt to cost over $3.1B: SL Green [TRD]

http://ny.curbed.com/2016/6/7/118776...supertall-cost

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    That's one big fat-bottomed girl right there

Top looks good
    Some of us like fat bottomed girls. I may call this the J Lo Tower!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast