Thank you for writing to Speaker Quinn expressing your concern regarding the proposed Chelsea Market Expansion.

I wanted provide you with some pertinent information about an upcoming meeting that will be held tomorrow regarding the proposed expansion to Chelsea Market.

As you may know, Jamestown Properties (Jamestown), the owners of Chelsea Market, have proposed an expansion to the market.

This proposal was certified by the New York City Department of City Planning (DCP) on Monday April 9, which is the official start of the City's Uniform Land Use Review Procedure (ULURP). This is an extensive public review process lasting several months and Manhattan Community Board 4 (CB4) has held several public meetings on this matter.

CB4's Full Board will hold a public meeting to review and vote on this proposal. The meeting is scheduled for TOMORROW: Wednesday, June 6 at 6:30PM at the Fulton Auditorium, which is located at 119 Ninth Avenue (between 17 and 18 Streets). For information on CB4's upcoming meeting schedule please visit their website at www.nyc.gov/mcb4.

The Environmental Assessment Statement for this proposal is available on CB4's website at http://www.nyc.gov/html/mancb4/downloads/pdf/april_2010_draft_reso/11DCP120M%20EAS%2012-04-05.pdf.

If you would like to be kept informed on this or any other issue, or if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly in the future as I am the Liaison to Community Board 4 in the Speakerís District Office.

Best,

Michaela Miller
Legislative Aide
Office of Speaker Christine C. Quinn
New York City Council, 3rd District
Phone: 212-564-7757 x104
Fax: 212-564-7347
MMiller@council.nyc.gov