Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 555 6th Ave - renovation

Those protruding rooms; cantilevered, filled with light, offering a panoramic view with full width/height are a great feature. There are plenty of other upgrades to the interiors as well; along with the storefront additions: yes, this is a winning formula for a redevelopment real estate project.

I don't mind much what this building "looks like' from the outside - looks pretty cool, modern, interesting,ect - so much of the scathing commentary on the 'architectural design' I just do not see ; but, to each his own.

This is an interesting project to follow: why a major makeover, as opposed to a total tear down is anybody's guess.

Default 17 Feb 2013

it's nifty to look at this building at night from 6th ave., since it's vacant but all the lights are on. It's this crazy mess of perfectly empty apartments just waiting to get zapped.

Quote Originally Posted by EastMillinocket View Post
    "Malware" would be closer to the truth...

Will no longer be called The Code but simply as 101 W 15th

http://blog.buzzbuzzhome.com/2013/04...west-15th.html

1.) WOOOOOOOOOOOF.
    2.) Is that supposed to be You Are here? Your here doesn't seem to make much sense unless there are words on the ad I am missing. Not a good wordplay.

This POS should have been razed. I hope that it will be rentals so that it came down eventually.

This and the half dozen copies of it (like the one across the street), are probably due to be redeveloped much more densely. There's really no reason something twice as large couldn't go up here, and it still wouldn't be a tower.

Default 2 November 2013

Keeping this POS is a wasted opportunity to redevelop the site. Hopefully, it will be rentals so it can be torn down in 20 years.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123