Thread: New York at 6am

Default New York at 6am - Video

"A short film by Carmen Vidal set in New York - winner of the Student Academy Award in 2006. It's a documentary in the "urban symphony" style, and depicts New York city in the moments before dawn."

http://www.dailymotion.com/se/featur...-am_shortfilms
    Last edited by Matte__86; May 20th, 2008 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Change of title

A good video.

Thanks for the link Matte.

Just watched it again on wide screen TV.

It's even better.

This is an excellent video! It's great to see what goes on while you're sleeping in New York. So peaceful and relaxing, and the sunset views around the 6:15 a.m. area are fantastic.

Thank you so much for sharing Matte.
    Last edited by The Benniest; May 21st, 2008 at 12:28 PM.

This video shows the Fulton Fish Market in full swing.

Makes me regret that I didn't get down there to see it when I was there in 2005.

By the time I returned in 2007 it had closed, and moved to the Bronx.

Great video and interplay with the music. He's very talented. It starts out slow and builds up, then finishes light. I love the music too; I'd like to find out the title; I've heard of Sigur Ros, now I'll have to get some of their stuff.
    Last edited by Radiohead; May 21st, 2008 at 11:54 PM.

That video gives me goosebumps.

Its beautiful, and it makes me so jelous of you New Yorkers, You have the most beautiful place on earth, and with a morning like that, there isnt another place in the world id rather be.

You have the best cloudless skys ive ever seen, that video has made me come over all emotional!!!

Very Beautiful and soothing

Great short.
    Footage and music went great together.
    Like a visual soundcape...

Great video, thanks for posting it.

Beautiful short clip. NYC is amazing at any time of the day.

I worked the midnight shift at Newark airport for 9 years. On cold winter dawns, our hangar (#55) would be bathed in the most incredible purple light. It's the only place I have seen dawns like that.

The lower Manhattan skyline was simply amazing on those crystal clear nights, especially when the moon would rise. It would come up behind the finantial distict, and from the right vantage point, would rise between the twin towers. I would find a secluded spot and just sit there to watch it unfold.

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by 195Broadway View Post
    I worked the midnight shift at Newark airport for 9 years. On cold winter dawns, our hangar (#55) would be bathed in the most incredible purple light. It's the only place I have seen dawns like that.

The lower Manhattan skyline was simply amazing on those crystal clear nights, especially when the moon would rise. It would come up behind the finantial distict, and from the right vantage point, would rise between the twin towers. I would find a secluded spot and just sit there to watch it unfold.

Steven
    Lucky guy. Made the graveyard shift worth it i bet!

Beautiful video!

It's really amazing how big cities are so different in the early morning.

Have to thread bump this one. Even with all the activity at that hour, city still feels quiet. Beautiful production.