Thread: MURALS - Anonymous murals?

Default MURALS - Anonymous murals?

Hi, I'm a reporter researching about murals in new york. I'm new to the city and was wondering how i could find out about murals that look supposedly anonymous. How will i know who painted it? who authorizes its painting? anyone out there has a mural in the neighborhood that's especially interesting?? any help at all will be great! thanks!

Default MURALS

The only photo I could find on the internet of the mural depicting a mounted police officer. It's on 42nd Street, across the street from Riverview.

Default MURALS

You might possibly try asking the webmaster at:

http://www.woostercollective.com/

This site features "Street Art" in the form of graffiti, stickers, posters, and stencils -- not murals -- but he runs many interviews with artists from all over and may just know the answer or know who to ask...

Default MURALS

There is one on Lafayette St. just south of Cooper Square. Pretty cool, and entire block. I'll see if I can get a shot of it.....

Default MURALS

Poe

On E124th Strret btwn 2nd & 3rd Ave. is a mural honoring of the Irish hunger strikers. I have alot of info on it if you need.

Default MURALS

On East Houston St. between Avenues B and C (or was it A and B) there are a number of murals: one of Kiss, one of Princess Di, and one of Selena.