Thread: New Conde Nast Tower @ Hudson Yards?

Default New Conde Nast Tower @ Hudson Yards?

Apologies if news of this has been posted elsewhere. From Gawker (http://gawker.com/news/real-estate-b...ing-308110.php):

Conde Nast Shocker: A New Building????

This may be what we'll be talking about for the next ten years: "Condé Nast Publications chief operating officer John Bellando said Friday that the company may construct a new office tower at Hudson Yards in Manhattan." They're in with Vornado and the Durst Organization, which owns the 1.6-million square foot 4 Times Square, the Conde mothership. Oh my God. Hyperventilating. And! Bet it's finished before the stupid "Freedom Tower" is!

Check the penn station thread, i think conde has competition from morgan stanley.

It would be a disaster to have shiny new towers over the Hudson Yards which would be occupied by executives. Boooring! Snoooze!

The junk yards and taxi repair shops have a certain je ne sais quoi that is so unique, grungy, and intellectually stimulating. I feel alive when I walk down the surrounding streets and carefully navigate my way through homeless guys' puddles of urine and avoid barking pit bulls that vigilantly guard the auto repair shops. After walking through this haven of auto shops, I often find myself thirsting for more grit and grime and peruse the auto stereo shops on Canal Street. It's all quite titillating! It makes NY unique! Let Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia London and other cities gentrify and reclaim forlorn areas! NY should wallow in its grime and slime. It makes us unique!
    Last edited by londonlawyer; October 8th, 2007 at 11:07 PM.

^haha
    I'm tired of all this speculation news...

Landmark hudson yards quick!!

Londonlawyer, very cute. It so obviously isn't the same thing. How do you think it serves any purpose to confuse a desolate West side with heaving-at-the-seams Canal St.? I know you're being tongue in cheek, but really now. There's humor, and then there's getting it all wrong.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Very well said, Midtown.

And then there is taking life way too seriously.

Well said alonzo.