Thread: Actor Larry Hagman dies.

Default Actor Larry Hagman dies.

TV Blog

Search:Searchenhanced by Google
    ‘Dallas’ Icon Larry Hagman Dies at Age 81

by Chris Pursell | November 23, 2012 at 11:34 PM | Dallas
    Larry Hagman as J.R. Ewing in "Dallas" (TNT)

Television legend Larry Hagman has passed away, according to reports.
    The man who became famous not only for his iconic take as J.R. Ewing on “Dallas” but also for his role on “I Dream of Jeanie” died at 4:20 p.m. on Friday afternoon at a hospital in Dallas, according to Dallas Morning News. According to the report, Hagman died as a result of complications that came from the actor’s recent battle with cancer.

“Larry was back in his beloved Dallas, re-enacting the iconic role he loved most,” the family said in a statement to the press. “Larry’s family and close friends had joined him in Dallas for the Thanksgiving holiday. When he passed, he was surrounded by loved ones. It was a peaceful passing, just as he had wished for. The family requests privacy at this time.”

Hagman moved to Dallas due to his health issues in order to take part in the reboot of “Dallas” on TNT.

The report states that on-screen wife Linda Gray and on-screen brother Patrick Duffy were both at his bedside when he passed away.

“They had been friends for 35 years and they had worked together for many years, so obviously it is devastating,” Grey’s agent told The Sun.
    We're sorry, but this content is not available to your web browser.

More on These Topics: Dallas | Larry Hagman | Linda Grey | Patrick Duffy | XfinityTV News
    Next Story: Actress Deborah Raffin Passes Away

That headline ^ about Deborah Raffin passing away really shocked me. 59 is way too young to go.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Leukemia.

Lost count over the decades (ugh!) of how many guys were jealous of Major Nelson. Gets some hot babe to pop out of a bottle when he wants, call him Master, take care of things, then disappear when he's finished. If that show were even allowed to be on now, I can't imagine the sex he'd be having. Probably carry the lamp around in his briefcase all day.

Don't know what this will do to 'Dallas". He may have been up in years and weakened by his illness, but his character was every bit as bastardly as he ever was. They'd have to get someone just as strong or stronger to keep things going.

He was also a pretty quirky guy. In his autobiography, Peter Fonda tells stories of parades they'd have down the beach in Malibu dressed in whatever nutty costumes they could think of. Also Fonda making a deal with a Boeing heir to buy his sailboat, with Hagman present at the meeting, but playing some kind of servant to Fonda. Least the guy had fun.

Lofter1, sadly, when a person has leukemia, as we know, they can go at any age. Even a small child can die from it.

At Boston's Children's Hospital, many of the inpatient children there are teminally ill with some form of cancer, up to and including those with leukemia.

I lost an uncle to leukemia, and he was only 48 at the time.

I was going to post the story about Deborah Raffin, but the link is there, so I let this stay as is.
    Last edited by Daquan13; November 26th, 2012 at 05:37 AM.