Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The NFL

This Hernandez story is no joke. He allegedly drove Lloyd to a place where he "executed" him.

He is also alleged to have shot another guy in the FACE during an argument in Miami this past February.

Another excellent role model from the NFL. I don't think we'll see Hernandez outside of Plexiglas for the rest of his life.

Forum Veteran

The guy is obviously really disturbed. What a waste

Quote Originally Posted by IrishInNYC View Post
    I know one team looking for a TE! Where is eddhead today?
    I would say you are joking, but with the Jets you never know.

Tim Tebow caught 3 passes during the Patriots' first practice session.

Forum Veteran

Belichik's mission in life is to make Rex Ryan look bad lol

Anybody doing any drafting this season? I have a couple coming up before the kick off on Sept 5. Any sleepers I should be keeping an eye on?!

It depends on how deep you league is - how many players.

For larger leagues say 12 teams, I like Pierre Thomas and (don't laugh) Shonn Greene as sleepers at RB. Green won't get a lot of carries but he will be the Titans goal line RB and could score a lot of TDs'. I think Thomas is going to outright win the starting RB job with the Saints, bit we'll see. Chris Ivory is another late, late round sleeper.

BTW, I didn't pick any of these guys LOL. But they could be sleepers

You don't get much production at TE, but I also drafted Jeff Cumberland as my last pick. The Jets have no one to throw the ball to. They are moving to a Westcoast offense and the TE could get some play. ANd he has looked good in camp.

He is the sleepiest of sleepers, but I HAD to pick one Jet.

Quote Originally Posted by eddhead View Post
    ...I also drafted Jeff Cumberland as my last pick....but I HAD to pick one Jet.
    Love it. Last pick.

Yeah 12 teams so pickings can be thin. We're at 10th in the first round too so the big RB's will be gone; I would think 9 or 10 RB's in round one total along with maybe Rodgers and Megatron.

I'm keeping a watch (as a sleeper) on where Michael Turner might land a spot. He's a big goal line RB and some team is bound to pick him up in the next week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishInNYC View Post
    Love it. Last pick.

Yeah 12 teams so pickings can be thin. We're at 10th in the first round too so the big RB's will be gone; I would think 9 or 10 RB's in round one total along with maybe Rodgers and Megatron.

I'm keeping a watch (as a sleeper) on where Michael Turner might land a spot. He's a big goal line RB and some team is bound to pick him up in the next week or two.
    My strategy has always been to load up on RB's in the early rounds but you're right, 10th is a tough place to draft from. Depending on who is left, you might look at Dez Bryant. He killed for me last year, especially late, when Romo started to turn it around.

In most pools, he would drop to the second round, but you are almost drafting from the top of the second round anyway, and I think he, along with A.J Green are the second and third best WR's out there.

I usually wait unitil later for a QB, but if Brees is around, I would consider him in round 1 as well. The other QB's will probably go to round 3 or so, but I like Newton and Manning. All the rest of the top ones pretty much fit into the same bucket to me. I just missed out on Newton in my draft - the dude ahead of me (who happens to be my B-inlaw) got him. Totally killed my draft strategy.

Tebow is soooo bad. Did anyone see him last night? He has to be cut right?

Aaand he's cut.

I wonder where all he Tebow lovers are now. This guy is not an NFL QB.

Check out that ESPN documentary The Book of Manning. Such incredible detail into the historical intricacies of this football dynasty. Itís a shame it was only an hour and a half as it was mostly centered on Archie and was very brief on Peyton and Eli (and a small potent bit on Cooper); they could have filled in another 2 hours of great material in there. Beautifully done (as it made me look forward to having kids moreso than watcing football); but badly truncated.

From a football standpoint, one of the biggest things I got out of this is how much more like his father Eli is than Peyton. From a family standpoint, how those boys buoyed Archie's tenure while playing for the miserable New Orleans Saints.