Thread: Turtle Bay Towers?

Default Turtle Bay Towers?

I've noticed that Turtle Bay Towers, a coop bldg on 46th and 2nd, has recently been running a rather aggressive sales campaign. *But I just read *in NY Time archives that they have been doing this (e.g., trying to sell aggressively) since 1988! *I am considering buying, since their prices seem reasonable--but I am a bit worried. *Is anybody familiar with Turtle Bay Towers? *Could you perhaps tell us what's going on with them?

check the realtors websites, believe there are a couple for sale..

I am looking to buy in Turtle Bay Towers as well. *I just had a real estate lawyer do his due diligence on the building, and the building is very healthy financially. *It is over 51 percent owner-occupied with more contracts closing over the next few months. *The building continues to do new renovations. *From my real estate search in NYC, given the location and size of the units, you cannot beat the prices anywhere in Manhattan. *The bottomline is, with the transition to an owner-occupied building, there are some great price points for buyers. *Plus, the sponsor, Rockrose Development, has a good development history and is very successful with other buidlings in NYC.

Forum Veteran

I hope Rockrose gets busy on the LIC Pepsi site development. *The buildings look pretty good on the website - about 7 residential.

I have read the offering plan and amendments and *have done a lot of research on this building. *Rockrose has not been actively selling apartments at Turtle Bay Towers since 1988. *For a long time, because of market conditions and needed repairs, the unsold shares were marketed as rentals and were not for sale. *Since the apartments were put back on the sales market, they seem to be flying off the "rack".

the Turtle Bay Towers prices seem to be rather affordable in comparison to others in the vicinity. * I have a feeling they will hit you with extremely high monthly maintenance. *Has anyone heard anything about their fees?

Maintenance is relatively high, but even if you take it into account it's still quite a bargain. We've moved there recently and are very happy with our decision - lovely lovely spaces.

Smells like spam