Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: One Morton Square - 100 Morton Street - Condo - West Village - by Costas Kondylis

Quote Originally Posted by zswaps View Post
    Don't believe the hype. I live here at Morton Square. It might look okay on the outside, although that is up for discussion. Inside it's a pin cushion, anytime it rains or anytime someone showers. Bring your galoshes.

Let that be a lesson for any one thinking of buying in the developers new bulding on 23rd and third.....fool me once.....

wow - that leak is crazy

i have not been a big fan of the apts there and this seals the deal....building is too new and too expensive to have something like that going on

I live at Morton Square right now and I've had no problems with it at all. No leaks. It's a fantastic building.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybird View Post
    I live at Morton Square right now and I've had no problems with it at all. No leaks. It's a fantastic building.

Sincerely,

Jules' Nephew

who got apt for free.

The original developer of Morton Square sold the building(s) for a huge profit about one year ago.

Regarding the Temporary C/O, here's what DOB shows for 600 Washington Street:

C/O Application Summary Inquiry

600 WASHINGTON STREET MANHATTAN

Number of Outstanding Requirements: 27
    Application Status: TEMP C/O ISSUED ON 09/22/2006
    Application Status: TEMP C/O ISSUED ON 11/17/2005
    Application Status: TEMP C/O ISSUED ON 06/17/2005
    Application Status: TEMP C/O ISSUED ON 03/22/2005
    Application Status: TEMP C/O ISSUED ON 12/21/2004
    Application Status: TEMP C/O ISSUED ON 09/24/2004
    Application Status: TEMP C/O ISSUED ON 07/21/2004
    Application Status:TEMP C/O ISSUED ON 06/09/2004

Default Which part of the development?

The rental building was sold - in the end probably a good deal for all as there aren't tons of new rental units in the west village.

Is the apt with the leak in the rental or condo building? I have never seen the rental units but the condo units feel a bit cheap. The finishes aren't very high end considering what the units cost. I would assume the finishes on the rental side are worse and that the construction quality across the entire development is the same.

Then why are you leaving?????

Default There's always a bad apple

I also have been one of the original owners and residents of the Condo. And yes I paid for it with my own $$....I have not had one issue with my 2B/ 2.5 bath apt in over 2 years. Like any building (and especially new ones) there are those who have better experiences than others. The previous posters experience was unfortunate, but in no way typical at all with what mine is and no one else I know who lives here. Maybe he/ she should blame their upstairs neighbor from over filling their bath tub?? I think that the building is exceptionally constructed and I am very happy here, and I would recommend this buliding to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by buckspath View Post
    Then why are you leaving?????
    I am not leaving. My partner and I own two condos.

Someone left a note concerning the leak on all of the apartment doors. I don't know if it was the same person who posted here. But if not then more than one person has experienced it.

Someone left a note concerning the leak on all of the apartment doors.

What did the note say?

I am not leaving. My partner and I own two condos.

Someone left a note concerning the leak on all of the apartment doors. I don't know if it was the same person who posted here. But if not then more than one person has experienced it.

It is the same person. I know her by the screenname on You Tube. She just got really upset and overreacted IMHO.

Default Have you seen it?

I know these people. I don't blame them. If you've had to live with it, you wouldn't think they overreacted. "Walk a mile in someone else's shoes." There's a 12' by 3' opening in their ceiling right now as the building tries to figure out how to fix it.

I know when I had a cascading water leak from my ceiling (from the pipes to a roof-top water tank overhead) a while back I was both YELLING + Screaming.

It is not normal to have water flooding through walls and ceilings.

It would a bit stupid to not make every effort to find out where the leak was coming from and get it stopped for good ASAP.

Water soaked drywall has a very short life span.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Thumbs down

I'm with you on this one lofter. Standing around with a video cam and not going upstairs "because it's 7 A.M." does not strike me as the height of logic. Trust me, if I was asleep and the apt. below me was flooding like that I would like to know asap, as it is more than likely going to affect my unit as well.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast