Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New 51-story tower Downtown

Default New 51-story tower Downtown

hey that sounds cool, NYguy, u know when the construction will actually take place? *And the hieght? *And also if the plan will also go through. *Not only NYguy, if anyone else knows, can you tell me, thanx. 1

Zippy posted his pictures of the threatened buildings in a thread I had started in Real Estate not knowing this was the project in question ( http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/to...&topic=139 ).

(Edited by Christian Wieland at 7:29 pm on Mar. 17, 2003)

Any renderings of this building?

To clear up any confusion:

The first set of photos by NYGuy and the thread of my photos that Christian referred to is the residential building at
    Gold, Platt and John. This is the development with the 211 Pearl St building.

The 2nd set by NYGuy and the photos by NYatKNIGHT (with the mural) are another residential development 2 blocks south at
    William and Liberty (east of Chase Manhattan Plaza)

Sounds cool to me. A new building being built in Lower Manhattan.

Quote: from Bk Italian 123 on 10:27 am on Mar. 17, 2003
    hey that sounds cool, NYguy, u know when the construction will actually take place? *And the hieght? *And also if the plan will also go through. *Not only NYguy, if anyone else knows, can you tell me, thanx. 1
    The tower beneath Chase Manhattan is already under construction. *The other, 50-story tower will begin after demolition is completed at the site. *There are also plans for a 3rd residential tower worth mentioning, a 45-story tower on Liberty St.

Forum Veteran

Looks like Bloomberg has a head-start on his vision.

Forum Veteran

Yeah. Those three towers can add about 1500 residents alone.

Demolition fears raised with construction at Pearl

By: Elizabeth O'Brien April 01, 2003

As construction activity resumed around the beleaguered building at 211 Pearl St. last week, the owners of the historic property said they had not reached a final decision on whether it will be demolished. *

Rockrose Development Corp. is considering plans to pull down 211 Pearl St. to make way for a rear entrance for a new, 650-unit residential development the company is constructing west of Pearl St., on Gold St. between Platt St. and Maiden Lane.

A workman at 211 Pearl St. said on Monday that the construction crew was beginning to tear down the building, a process that he said would take three weeks to a month. However, a Rockrose spokesperson denied that demolition had begun.

"The building is not being taken down now," said Bob Rumerman, the spokesperson. "A decision will be announced when it's reached."

Rumerman said that the workman was probably speaking from a general knowledge that demolition was a possibility. Rumerman said that he didn't know exactly what kind of construction work was underway at the site.

One of only a handful of existing Greek revival buildings that survived the great fire of 1835, 211 Pearl St. is being evaluated for inclusion in the New York State historic register, a designation that would not necessarily prevent it from being torn down but would bring the process increased oversight.

A spokesperson for the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation said that the agency is currently in discussions with Rockrose about minimizing the impact of development on the historic property, which was built in the early 1830s.

One compromise would involve Rockrose incorporating the facade of the building into its plans. Rumerman confirmed that the possibility of retaining the facade hadn't been ruled out.

Alan Solomon, an independent researcher who has led the campaign to save 211 Pearl, has said that he would like to gain access to the building to document its interior in preparation for possible demolition. In particular, a geometric pattern inlaid on the brick walls of the ground floor merits further investigation, Solomon said.

"Considering everything, it's a small concession," Solomon said. "If we can't save the building, then we can at least save the history."

The rear facade of 211 Pearl St., right, and the rest of the Rockrose Development site.

yea, cant wait. *I hope that it will be a tall one. * Does any one have any news of 1 ny place? i *hope it will be built soon. *HEy for the residental that this thread is on, does any one have the height in feet? *That would really help! thanx

Quote: from NYguy on 8:56 am on Mar. 20, 2003

The tower beneath Chase Manhattan is already under construction. *The other, 50-story tower will begin after demolition is completed at the site. *There are also plans for a 3rd residential tower worth mentioning, a 45-story tower on Liberty St.
    The tower U/C by Chase on Liberty is the 45 story tower. There is no 50 story tower.

10 Liberty Street
    42/45 stories
    Stephen B. Jacobs Group
    Under Construction 2002-2004

any one have Information on One New York Place? I have not heard anything in a while, and I want to know if this and other Lower Manhattan projcets are still underway...Thank you.

NyC MaNiAc

Forum Veteran

I'd do a googlesearch: "One New York Place."

I already did, with minimal success.

(Edited by NyC MaNiAc at 10:17 pm on May 11, 2003)

I think this proposal would require the entire square block.
    The present plans for the MTA transit center will condemn only the buildings along Broadway, and halfway along Fulton and John, and there's a move to landmark the Corbin building.
    Link to MTA story:
    http://www.downtownexpress.com/DE_WE...apresents.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast