Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New 51-story tower Downtown

Default New 51-story tower Downtown

Quote: from ZippyTheChimp on 7:46 pm on May 10, 2003
    I think this proposal would require the entire square block. *The present plans for the MTA transit center will condemn only the buildings along Broadway, and halfway along Fulton and John, and there's a move to landmark the Corbin building.
    From the original plans we saw of 1 NY place, the transit center was only mentioned as an option. *Now with the transit center in place it will be up to the developer to acquire the remaining sites on the block. *But the city/state is looking to redevelop the entire Fulton St into a residential/entertainment district. *So it remains to be seen what new developments will go there, and I believe the project still lives.

Forum Veteran

Do we have any renderings of the tower yet?

So, is One New York Place still a GO, or is it still to early to know?

I really would like some updates on this tower.

Forum Veteran

I'd still say too early.

I know that one of the Gold St. towers has been approved, while the other one is already under construction.

#Moderation Mode

<a href="http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/topic.cgi?forum=3&topic=195" target="_self">Moved here</a>

Are there any renderings? Those old links are outdated I think. I can't find anything when I click them.

Forum Veteran

Search me. *If I knew who the architect was for these projects, I'd go and check their Website.

Forum Veteran

Avinash K Malhotra I think

Forum Veteran

Yeah, I checked on ss.com. *There's no Website, though; and they list him as doing two other high-rise projects, one of which was a restoration of a neo-classical building in the Village somewhere.

Default 2 Gold St

From GlobeSt.
    http://www.globest.com/RMITTPSCEKD.html

180M in Financing Arranged for 2 Gold St.
    By Barbara Jarvie
    Last updated: Sep 19, 2003 09:27AM

NEW YORK CITY-Another Liberty Bond project in Lower Manhattan is under way. Fleet Real Estate Finance Group, a unit of Fleet National Bank, arranged $180 million in financing to support the construction of 2 Gold St., a 51-story residential apartment building. The project, which is being developed by Rockrose Development Corp., carries a total development cost of approximately $225 million.
    The apartment building will feature 650, studio, one-, two-, and three-bedroom units, 21,397 sf of retail space and a 100-car parking garage. Designed by Avinash K. Malhotra Architects, construction for the project is currently under way with the first units expected to be ready for occupancy by spring 2005. There is no affordable-housing component to this deal. According to Fleet, the developer tore down the original structure(s) at the site which included a mix of office and commercial space.

Fleet is the lead source of financing for the development and co-lenders include Wells Fargo, Helaba Bank, HSBC, Bayerische Landesbank, Euro-Hypo, HSH Nordbank and Bank Leumi.

The financing will enhance the Liberty Bonds issued by the New York City Housing Development Corp. The Liberty Bonds program is an $8 billion tax-exempt private activity bond program created for rebuilding portions of New York City affected by the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks. This is the third Liberty Bonds development financed by Fleet, which says that the financing process was extremely intricate. A Fleet spokesperson added that because the loan is so large, Fleet syndicated it out to the seven participating banks.

“2 Gold St. represents our third Liberty Bond project and we hope to continue to play a pivotal role in the future redevelopment of lower Manhattan," says Jim Hedden, executive vice president, Real Estate Finance Group at Fleet.

Richard A. Brancato, senior vice president of Rockrose Development Corp., adds, “Given the size and complexity of the deal, the experience and knowledge of the players involved proved to be invaluable.”

“Rebuilding Lower Manhattan is essential to the city’s future, and Liberty Bonds are helping us transform it into a 24/7 community,” says Bill Traylor, HDC’s acting president. “2 Gold St. is key to our overall vision for Lower Manhattan.”

Here is Avinash K. Malhotra Architects' link. The site is not done though.
    http://www.akmarch.com/

Default New 51-story building downtown

The architect of this Rockrose job is Avinash K Malhotra ... he does all of the Rockrose work. He did 252 7th Ave. (Chelsea Mercantile), Liberty St and I think he did Jane St for them too.

The building is a welcome addition with over 600 market rate rentals coming to Downtown. Rockrose puts up good quality buildings with great fixtures and amenities.

Default 2 Gold Street Tenant Forum

Please check out:
    www.newyorkresidents.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123