HighPointe Group to Manage Rooftop Communications
of Prime NYC Properties Commanding Manhattan Airspace
AOL Time Warner Center, GM Building at Trump International Plaza appoint exclusive agent
to create wireless possibilities for Central Park South, Midtown and Uptown Manhattan
New York — HighPointe Group, LLC, a telecommunications site consulting and management company, has been named as the exclusive agent to manage the rooftops of the newly built AOL Time Warner Center and the landmark General Motors Building at Trump International Plaza for wireless and broadband applications.
* * * * * *HighPointe Group President Jud Pankey, said that under agreements with the Trump Organization for Trump 767 Fifth Avenue, LLC – known as the General Motors Building at Trump International Plaza – and with Apollo Real Estate Advisors and The Related Companies for the AOL Time Warner Center, the company will provide a variety of telecommunications consulting services including building assessment, site audit, RF engineering, contract negotiations with carriers for space on the rooftops and ongoing management of those relationships.
* * * * * *“These two appointments will give our company control over Central Park South from a wireless perspective,” Pankey noted, “allowing for a broad range of wireless technology options and providing carriers and broadcasters with an unobstructed line of sight over Central Park and much of Midtown and Uptown Manhattan.”
* * * * * *HighPointe manages rooftops used by technology companies that provide services such as cellular/PCS, television broadcast, microwave, satellite paging, broadband, laser and other voice and data technology as well as HDTV and AM/FM.
Rod Johnson, general manager of the General Motors Building, said, “HighPointe came to us with a creative solution to our problem and convinced us that they were ready and able to meet the challenge.”
* * * * * *Richard Mack of Apollo Real Estate Advisors remarked, “I have confidence in HighPointe and know that they can get the job done. *My experience with their team has only led me to believe that they are performance driven.”
* * * * * *Craig Sands and Jeff Svenningsen are in charge of HighPointe’s New York projects and can be reached at 212-946-4788. *For more information about HighPointe’s network of managed rooftops visit www.highpointegroup.com.
# # #
About HighPointe Group
HighPointe Group, LLC (www.highpointegroup.com), a privately held, employee owned company has over 50 years of combined experience in telecommunications, broadcasting, and real estate. *HighPointe Group’s sole focus (without distractions) is helping carriers/broadcasters deploy networks and their content through active rooftop management and consulting in New York and other U.S. metropolitan areas. *HighPointe does not own towers therefore the group never competes with its customers. *Our 3,000+ properties and landlords benefit from our singular vision as we leverage our experience to create revenue and build solid relationships with better results.
About The Trump Organization
When it comes to betting on big business, The Donald always pulls out a Trump card. Through the Trump Organization, Donald Trump can claim several pieces of prime real estate in the Big Apple, including Trump International Hotel and Tower, Trump Tower, 40 Wall Street, and The General Motors Building at Trump International Plaza. Trump also owns 42% of publicly traded Trump Hotels & Casino Resorts and is operator of three Atlantic City casinos (Trump Taj Mahal, Trump Plaza, and Trump Marina), a tribal casino in California (Trump 29), and a riverboat casino in Indiana. Other holdings include a Florida resort, Miss USA, Miss Teen USA, and Miss Universe beauty pageants.
Established by Donald J. Trump in 1980, The Trump Organization is the holding company for many corporate affiliates and real estate operations. *Trump holdings include first-class office buildings, hotels, casinos, and golf courses in addition to a vast number of luxury residential real estate developments in New York City.
About AOL Time Warner
AOL Time Warner Center, the crown jewel of New York developments, is a 2.8 million square foot property in the heart of Manhattan. *Located at Columbus Circle, across from Central Park, this stunning new center will be home to the world’s largest media AOL Time Warner. *It will also feature super-luxury condominiums and hotel accommodations, first-class office space, the finest in luxury retail and dining and a permanent home for Jazz @ Lincoln Center. *Construction has begun and is expected to be completed by Summer 2003.
About Apollo Real Estate Advisors
Apollo Real Estate Advisors ("Apollo") was formed in April 1993 as the real estate affiliate of the Apollo organization, a group of companies that has managed in excess of $16 billion in equity since its formation in 1990. Apollo, co-founded and led by William Mack, serves as the general partner of a series of real estate investment funds. Since inception, Apollo has overseen the investment of four real estate funds, comprising over $3.7 billion of equity, which collectively have invested in over 200 transactions with an aggregate value in excess of $13 billion. The funds target a broad range of direct equity and debt investments in real estate assets, portfolios, joint ventures and operating companies.
About The Related Companies
The Related Companies was founded in 1972 by Stephen M. Ross to develop, financed, and manage government assisted rental apartments. *Related currently ranks as the third largest owner of multi-family rental apartments in the country, with a portfolio of 1,100 properties in forty-seven states. * The Related Companies is one of the nations pre-eminent developers of mixed-use properties.
In addition to AOL Time Warner Center at Columbus Center Circle in New York City, through its retail and mixed-use development arm, the company has developed CityPlace in West Palm Beach, Fla. * In New York City, Related is also widely regarded as one of the most prominent developers of luxury apartments and retail/mixed-use properties. *Recent residential properties include The Chatham, The Park Imperial, The Strathmore, Tribeca Park, The Sagamore, One Union Square South and The Lyric. *The Related Companies, today, is a fully integrated real estate firm with divisions specializing in development, acquisitions, financial services and property management. *A team of over 1,500 professionals oversees a real estate portfolio valued in excess of $10 billion. *