Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: New luxury condos in Sheepshead Bay

800+ sf of terrace space - Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Edward
    800+ sf of terrace space - Nice
    I live in Oceana. I'll tell you this penthouse for sale was probably purchased for about 900k, 4 years ago. I know someone who bought a penthouse on the other side, 2,000 sq ft 3 bedroom with the 800 sq ft terrace and paid a little over 800k. Of course no direct ocean view. The prices are kinda insane. I live in a 2 bedroom.

Vroman - Last I saw the prices were $500,000 to $2.5 million for the Oceana but seeing this $3 million listing makes me think the range has changed. Has the low number risen from $500K?

Quote Originally Posted by muscle1313
    Vroman - Last I saw the prices were $500,000 to $2.5 million for the Oceana but seeing this $3 million listing makes me think the range has changed. Has the low number risen from $500K?
    Well you know, the lower number has risen a little. However you can still find an apt for 500 there I believe. Last week I saw on the market there, a 1 bedroom (they dont build many one bedrooms) for about $450,000. That is the least expensive apartment you can find there now. Decen

Forum Veteran

This weeks' Bay News had an article on a site on Knapp Street being sought after by developers for condos. I think it was 94 units or around there. Of course, the residents are fighting it. It's not that far from the proposed Venice Marina redevelopment.

Forum Veteran

3148 Voorhies Ave

http://www.masseyknakal.com/search/ > brooklyn > 100,00 sf+ > 3148 Voorhies Ave

Architecture is different for the neighborhood, could be cool. PDF viewing 150% is best for rendering.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Gulcrapek
    3148 Voorhies Ave

http://www.masseyknakal.com/search/ > brooklyn > 100,00 sf+ > 3148 Voorhies Ave

Architecture is different for the neighborhood, could be cool. PDF viewing 150% is best for rendering.
    I like it. Hope it gets done looking something like this. Very different for NYC, but fits the waterfront surroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by billyblancoNYC

I like it. Hope it gets done looking something like this. Very different for NYC, but fits the waterfront surroundings.
    I doubt this one gets done guys. As much as I would like it, there is a huge NIMBY faction in this neighborhood that is against every single development that is planned (including the Sheepshead Bay Beautification Project if you can believe it :evil: ). The other condos are getting done because they are "as of right". This condo development would need upzoning and this whole neighborhood is fighting for downzoning except me of course :shock: . They are fighting the Venice Marina project like crazy too. They love their little country bungalows these people. I don't believe they can stop the progress though. We shall see. You know I love it guys. I do what I can to keep Sheepshead Bay growing. I have spoken with Brooklyn BP Marty Markowitz and his head of Development Planning and told them not everybody here is a NIMBY. Its an issue I don't know if I can win on but I will keep trying!

NY Post Dec 25th

Excerpt

FOUR years ago, the Oceana luxury condos went up in the decidely non-affluent neighborhood of Brighton Beach. Situated next to the boardwalk, the complex was a success, with 16 prices increases since it went on the market.

Built by the architects behind Miami's super-exclusive Fisher Island, the Oceana's got beautiful finishes, a private club and, of course, an obligatory "celebrity" resident, triple-gold-medalist swimmer Leonard Krayzelberg.

Trust us when we say it's absolutely stunning (if a little faux in a Las Vegas kind of way).

If you want in on this slice of opulent Odessa, you haven't missed out, yet. Currently under construction are buildings 13 and 14, situated closest to the boardwalk. And there's one final building that will be marketed in February. Prices start at $540,000 for a two-bedroom and cap at $3.025 million for a penthouse.

"A lot of people are coming from Manhattan," says sales rep Linda Vetrano. "Many are buying summer homes here. They don't want to commute to the Hamptons from Manhattan anymore."

www.oceanaUSA.com

NY Daily News

Luxury has a price in Brighton

Living cost on the rise

BY VERONIKA BELENKAYA
    DAILY NEWS WRITER

Living and shopping in Little Odessa now come with a big price tag.
    Since the luxurious Oceana condominiums opened in 2000, Brighton Beach food store and real estate prices have skyrocketed, reflecting the wave of wealthier residents.

"Everything is expensive in Brighton now - the fruits, the vegetables," said Alla Sargisyan, as she shopped at a produce store on Brighton Beach Blvd. Tomatoes that she said were once "much cheaper" are now $3.99 a pound.

"The people who live on Brighton are mostly lower-middle-class Russians and seniors," said Sargisyan, a Brighton Beach home attendant. "But who can afford these new apartments? The people who have money, and it's reflected in the new prices."

Oceana Condominium and Club has lured middle- and upper-class Russians and even a few non-Russian-Americans with luxurious units that boast a view of the beach, a gym, a sauna with a pool and private parking garages.

Some of the first two-bedroom apartments sold for as low as $300,000, said Tina Orsini, 56, an ex-condo board member who moved in three years ago.

"Now, the same apartment could go for over $600,000," said Orsini, who teaches English at Kingsborough Community College.

Today, Oceana condo prices range from $540,000 to more than $2 million.

Pat Kessler of Kessler Real Estate, who has been in the business for 30 years, says this is the biggest real estate boom she has ever seen.

"When Oceana posted up a sign, '$1 million for a condo,' we could not believe ourselves - and they sold out. Sold out!" she said.

"That was the opening gate. Brighton Beach just blew right after that. It's golden now. The real estate value here has doubled over the past two years."

With more Oceana buildings under construction and more well-to-do residents - such as Sal Capece, owner of Marciano Cherries - moving in, prices at Brighton Beach shops are soaring as well.

"Before, you used to be able to get three oranges for a dollar. Look, now you only get two," said Bella Oatman, 60, standing at a produce store on Brighton 5th St. "The prices have been rising for about two years ... of course I am not happy about it."

But Yelena Makhnin, executive director of the Brighton Beach Business Improvement District, said the luxury complex with its wealthy tenants is a boon for area merchants.

"It's actually helping the businesses," she said.

City Councilman Domenic Recchia (D-Brooklyn) said the Oceana was helping to revitalize the neighborhood.

"It's been bringing up the whole neighborhood," he said. "A lot of people are moving in."

But for people like Ida Miernarskaya, who has lived in her Brighton Beach apartment near the Oceana for 15 years, the change is not all positive. She worries her rent will increase because of the real estate boom.

A home attendant, Miernarskaya said rents in her building already have increased for new tenants.

"A one-bedroom in my building is now over $950 a month, and I don't think the landlord participates in [federally subsidized] Section 8 anymore," she said.

Originally published on January 16, 2005

Well, with Russia moving closer to communism, I would expect a big wave of Russians coming over pretty soon. Especally the well-off ones. So Sheepshead bay and Brighton Beach should really explode off the charts popualtion wise. I wouldn't be surprised if Marine Park, Midwood, and Gravesend all turn Russian (although, from what I hear, Gravesend has an intrenched Italian popualtion). Anyway, I hope the NIMBYs wake up and smell the coffee. More people equals more investment via jobs and services. By the way, Isn't Sheepshead Bay one of Brooklyn's Chinatowns as well?

Quote Originally Posted by alex ballard
    By the way, Isn't Sheepshead Bay one of Brooklyn's Chinatowns as well?
    Yes there is a rapidly growing Asian population in Sheepshead Bay as well as a large Russian population. As Emmons Ave get more and more expensive I am expecting the Bay to see a substantial increase in diversity.

Forum Veteran

On E16 Street between Ave Z and Sheepshead Bay Rd.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Gulcrapek
    On E16 Street between Ave Z and Sheepshead Bay Rd.

Horror show.

Forum Veteran

It's not that bad, one of the better looking new things in the area (doesn't say much). It turned out better than I thought it was going to.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast