Page 161 of 216 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 3238

Thread: New York Times Tower - 620 Eighth Avenue @ W. 41st Street - by Renzo Piano

any idea when the other tenants will move in? the official website gave the spring of this year as the move-in date.

Quote Originally Posted by kliq6 View Post
    Times staff move in in August
    False. I know someone who works at the NYT and he told me last week that the move will be staggered among departments, beginning in late April (yes April!) and concluding in June.

Forum Veteran

okay thats even better, only problem is turner has barely started interior office fit-out ( i know the interior division president) so i doubt April maybe May

I find it annoying that Turner takes credit for NYT when all they're contracted to build is the interior.

Forum Veteran

National law firm Goodwin Procter LLP will lease more than 216,000 square feet on seven floors at the under-construction New York Times tower on Eighth Avenue between 40th and 41st streets. The transaction's lease rates were not disclosed. The building's office space is now nearly fully leased. The Renzo Piano-designed skyscraper will open this fall.

As for Turner, since AMEC the builder is pulling out of the US market, Turner will be the only firm that can market its presence in the building for there RFP submission

okay thats even better, only problem is turner has barely started interior office fit-out ( i know the interior division president) so i doubt April maybe May
    I'm simply relaying what I heard from my acquaintance. According to him, a moving schedule has been distributed to NYT employees and it begins in April. Would they lie to their own workers?

Obviously it's difficult to tell from street level, but some of the lower floors (like in the 4-10 range) appear to have reached a nearly habitable state. However, the lobby looks like it needs a lot more work yet. And the subway entrance at 40th & Eighth is nothing but a rubble-filled hole.

Maybe the first wave of workers to move in will be required to wear hard hats at their desks.

Speaking of that, yesterday I saw a group of Times workers wearing hard hats on their way yo the new building. Also, last nite many of the lower floors appear to have boxes and file cabinets visible from the outside. there was also new lights on in one of the upper floors.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by panderson View Post
    I'm simply relaying what I heard from my acquaintance. According to him, a moving schedule has been distributed to NYT employees and it begins in April. Would they lie to their own workers?

Obviously it's difficult to tell from street level, but some of the lower floors (like in the 4-10 range) appear to have reached a nearly habitable state. However, the lobby looks like it needs a lot more work yet. And the subway entrance at 40th & Eighth is nothing but a rubble-filled hole.

Maybe the first wave of workers to move in will be required to wear hard hats at their desks.
    Your line about " would they lie to there own workers" well Id have to say probally since there paper has been known to print a few false stories and lies recently

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vengineer View Post
    I find it annoying that Turner takes credit for NYT when all they're contracted to build is the interior.

My understanding is that Structuretone landed the NYTimes interiors contract.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynRider View Post
    My understanding is that Structuretone landed the NYTimes interiors contract.

Now im really confused, as i heard turner.

Perhaps Structure Tone is doing the fit-out for the other non-anchor tenants.

http://enr.ecnext.com/comsite5/bin/c...&format_id=XML

also describes the window-cleaning process

Quote Originally Posted by infresig View Post
    http://enr.ecnext.com/comsite5/bin/c...&format_id=XML

also describes the window-cleaning process
    Here's an interesting line from that article:

"Flack + Kurtz spent much time with Piano testing the limits of the ceramic rod spacing. Piano wanted big spaces to achieve his vision of transparency; F+K wanted closely spaced rods to limit heat gain."

Unfortunately, it doesn't elaborate any further. It would be interesting to know how the compromise worked itself out.

Now im really confused, as i heard turner.
    Plaza Construction Corp- is the GC
    Last edited by dbhstockton; April 2nd, 2007 at 11:30 AM.

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vengineer View Post
    Perhaps Structure Tone is doing the fit-out for the other non-anchor tenants.
    Nope. They got the NY Times portion.