Page 18 of 216 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Times Tower - 620 Eighth Avenue @ W. 41st Street - by Renzo Piano

'BoA' is usually called 'BofA' for Bank of America - among the largest banks in the world. There is a great thread dedicated to its planned Bryant Park tower: http://forums.wirednewyork.com/viewtopic.php?t=979

BoA, also known as BofA is short for Bank of America, currently the third largest American bank.

Forum Veteran

It's also the name of a popular Japanese music group. J-pop has totally invaded NYU.

APRIL 9, 2004
    41st Street, demolition site

I feel like the process for the NYT tower has been going on forever. It's been two years since WNY first posted pics of the site.

Probably it has been slow because of the severe winter that just past by. Alot of developments in NYC also looked very slow to me. But once nice weather regains in NYC I expect things to move quickly! :wink:

Tallest tower is half gone now...

40th Street

Going, going....soon to be gone....(April 10)

From The NYPOST

April 20, 2004

Consulting giant McKinsey & Co. has apparently decided to stay at 55 E. 52nd St., disappointing developer Bruce Ratner and the owners of several tenant-starved Midtown office buildings. Sources said a "document was out," although no new lease has yet been signed.

With McKinsey's 330,000-square-foot lease coming up in the Fisher Bros.-owned building, it had entered talks with Ratner about anchoring his half of The New York Times headquarters tower, planned for Eighth Avenue at 40th Street.

Ratner has said he can't obtain financing for the project until he has secured a commitment for the upper portion, which he will own. The Times will own the bottom half.

In the absence of a tenant, Ratner has sought Liberty Bond financing from the state and city - originally $400 million worth, a request later reduced to $150 million. All parties remain mum as to where those talks are.

Meanwhile, although Ratner has yet to start excavation, things appear to be moving in that direction: As demolition of condemned buildings picks up steam, the site now resembles a full-bore construction job.

McKinsey is said to have also kicked the tires at several Midtown buildings, but Ratner is the only landlord with whom the firm is known to have conducted a negotiation.

John Whelan, the Fisher organization's agent for 55 E. 52nd St., declined to comment.

Where can I find mor einfo on that Boa building that I seen in a post compared to the Times tower?????

Forum Veteran

There's a thread. Look for "One Bryant Park."

The site will be completely clear in a couple of weeks.
    More of the incredible shrinking building....

April 23, 2004

A comparison of the past few weeks...

Well that's proceeding a lot faster than I expected.

Apparently this seems to be a dream come true for an addition of another fine skyscraper in the NYC skyline...I can't wait to see it when completed.

Demolition of the buildings on the site of New York Times Tower. 25 April 2004.

A Day In The Light
    To test the groundbreaking scheme for its new headquarters, the New York Times has launched an elaborate building study: a 24-hour experiment in lighting design.