Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Times Square a.k.a. Conde Nast Building - 42nd Street & Broadway - by Fox & Fowle

Quote Originally Posted by billyblancoNYC
    While being a bit large, the antenna's really starting to grow on me.
    Not for me. Conde Nast's antenna looks too disproportionate. I'm glad to see more spires in MIdtown, but not when they're out of place on the buildings.

Default Totius/Lumacom Delays

Appears the large LED screens on the building still not up - negotiations taking much longer than what they wanted or expected. Lumacom decided to negotiate one sign, instead of the previous 4, to speed up the process. One sign has now been manufactured and Lumacom/Totius Media apparently in final stage negotiations with some major corporations.
    Would expect installation within 3 months.
    Would love anyone that sees the new sign(s) being installed to post info in here ASAP - thanxs

Default Re: Totius/Lumacom Delays

Quote Originally Posted by salty
    Appears the large LED screens on the building still not up - negotiations taking much longer than what they wanted or expected. Lumacom decided to negotiate one sign, instead of the previous 4, to speed up the process. One sign has now been manufactured and Lumacom/Totius Media apparently in final stage negotiations with some major corporations.
    Would love anyone that sees the new sign(s) being installed to post info in here ASAP - thanxs
    I am working on Fifth Avenue, Harlem. I really love sky scrapers and modern day constructions in New York. Conde Nast antenna is really state of the art of this century, if anyone thinks itís too big then I have to say itís too small to me, no I am just joking, the size is perfectly OK. Billboards, oh yes, can you imagine signs 150 meters above the street, I canít wait to see them. There have been a couple of cranes on the roof and it looks like they are ready to commence signage installation. If I will notice any changes I let you know salty, btw where are you from?

I like the size of the antenna atop of the Conde Nast...it stands out...I am always proud to see such impressive changes everytime I go back to New York...

Default Re: Totius/Lumacom Delays

Quote Originally Posted by salty
    I have seen workers around the signage frame on the roof today. Something is happening up there but hard to say what?

They had better do something. That crane can't stay up there forever...

Quote Originally Posted by NYguy
    They had better do something. That crane can't stay up there forever...
    Spring has arrived, time to do some work, I wouldn't go up there in the winter time, no way! I think there might be a serious problem with the signs, all the building is green from the bottom to the roof. Such a big signs must be great electricity eaters with huge carbon dioxide emissions and so Durst must stay within the range of the building regulations. It must be the same company which also installed NASDAQ sign which is not environmentally friendly but looks fantastic and is huge. Cranes could be there for some other reason, we will se.

Maybe they're using the crane to lift transmission equipment to the roof.

Hi all,

....From Melbourne Australia.....My first post here on WiredNY.....

Can answer ddny in that the top of the Conde Nast will hold four huge LED digital screens (each screen supposed to be one & a half times the size of a tennis court!!). This will be in line with the energy conservation policy of the building itself as these screens will use a fraction of the electricity (I think 1/12) of that of it's closest equivalent. Made by the Australian company 'LUMACOM' & distributed by 'Totius Media' (www.totiusmedia.com/introduction.html), sign technology is based on what is referred to as 'Psychophysics' ........

I'm a shareholder of Lumacom who are at present in their infancy according to the Australian Stock Market....... Hence my enthusiasm on this ....

If anyone has any visual updates as to what is going on up there it would be greatly appreciated...... Some of us here are looking to your forum at times to help monitor progress..... Feel free to post as many updated pictures as you like!!

Drewe.

It still looks the same up there last I looked. We'll definitely keep you updated. As a fan of psychophysics (I think), I can promise there will be progress shots here. 8)

Could someone submit a practical definition of "psychophysics" esp. in how it is employed in sign technology? Silly me, I initially thought this term was the diagnosis of my high school science teacher. My humble Oxford has: psychophysics n. the branch of science that deals with the relations between mental states and physical events and processes.

That's going to be one heck of a sign. Shortly after its debut, will Australians become our masters through mind control via electronic advertisments? :shock: Cool.

Default Conde Nast Building - 4 Times Square

Hello Guys, some time ago I have seen some workers on the roof around the sign frame. Since that there was no visible sign of any changes of the frames. It could be just some engineering inspection before installation. Now I will keep an eye on it. Also, would you please explain term Psychophysics in the SIGNAGE industry as I am really interested in any revolutionary products esp what regards to Conde Nast. Australians, if you have won this project on Conde Nast then it must be really something. Please send more info on Lumacom.

Well, I AM a psycho-physicist :shock: but I never heard of psychophysics. :?

Searching engine helped
    Got some info on PSYCHOPHYSICS, impressive
    Here is the link
    http://www.lumacom.com.au/what.htm

MrSism can you send a quick ref on Lumacom, maybe I'll spend some money
    Thanks

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast