Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: One Beacon Court a.k.a. Bloomberg Tower - 151 East 58th @ Lexington - by Cesar Pelli

Default Bloomberg Tower (Alexander Tower)

Could you identify the website?

http://about.bloomberg.com/731lex.html

"Bloomberg's new New York headquarters is rising on the former Alexander's site on 58th and Lexington Avenue. The developer, Vornado Realty Trust, began construction on the building in July 2001. Bloomberg estimates its occupancy to begin in January 2005. The building will reach more than 850 feet in height totaling 52 stories. Bloomberg will be the anchor tenant with more than 4000 New York employees, customer training and state-of-the-art broadcast facilities."

Thanks for the website. I guess the given height (over 850 ft.) should be trusted, considering the source.

There's a second major tower planned for the area- I don't believe its been discussed. Look at the low rise properties at the upper left hand corner of the webcam. A condominium tower with extensive retail is planned for the site, at the northeast corner of 3rd and 59th. The site is currently occupied by a shuttered movie theater and some low rise retail.

There at least two other developement sites in the neighborhood- both sites for high rise residential on 2nd Avenue. I think one is at 61st street, don't know the second location. *

I had no idea. Extensive demolition is underway on existing structures. I overlooked it as I thought the site was far to small for anything tall to go, but with a general low density it could provide great views of Central Park. If its tall, great. Also glad to hear it will have extensive retail, the area might be a shopping mecca.

Forum Veteran

It will be a big retail mecca. *H&M, I heard, is going to be the anchor retail tenant.

The area that has been cleared to date is rather small, but the building adjacent to the site seems to be deserted and in the process of getting demolished as well. *The potential tower could easily take up half the length of the 59-60 st. block.

I am very excited to hear about this great news. The area could easily become a shopping mecca, especially with Bloomberg at the helm. Who knows what surprises he could scramble up

I believe it is an RFR Davis property. 425 Fifth Avenue was a financial success for them and built on a tiny 3,000 square foot plot, here another sliver with high units would have even better returns.

ahhhhh, so true

There is currently a row of clear glass panels on the second floor along the Western and Southern facades of the building. *I can't wait until they bring in the colored glass, so we can see the effect the Bloomberg building will have on the cityscape.

Forum Veteran

They're starting work on the tower, I see.

Does anybody know the final height on this?
    Skyscaper.com puts it at only 780....disapointing if that's true!

The Bloomberg tower will rise near the blue bullet of International Plaza Building, on the left. 18 January 2003.

Very nice picture.
    I hate the uncertainty about the height.

The Bloomberg website lists the building's height as above 850 feet.

http://about.bloomberg.com

Select "Watch the progress of our headquarters", at bottom left of page

Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast