Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: One Beacon Court a.k.a. Bloomberg Tower - 151 East 58th @ Lexington - by Cesar Pelli

Architectural Padawan

Also the "spire" had a flashing red light on it tonight... dunno if this means anything, although i'm sure even temporary masts in the sky could have those lights.

Default 08/01/05

The good news: that scaffold's coming down. The bad: whatever it really is, that "antenna" is not part of the scaffold.

Curious: what is in that top part of the building above the top floor? Is that just for decoration?

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by alex ballard
    Curious: what is in that top part of the building above the top floor? Is that just for decoration?
    That's a mechanical penthouse. I'm guessing that it also holds the water tower.

The scaffolding has started to come down. It no longer reaches the top 5-6 floors.

I gotta say that this is one of the nicer developments I have seen. Does it have some sort of ground level retail? And how is the building doing renting out space wise?

There is an H & M at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by TLOZ Link5
    That's a mechanical penthouse. I'm guessing that it also holds the water tower.

Well it might be a very expensive 'mechanical penthouse' I am sure. :-)

Can anyone get me a pic of the skyline from bloomberg down to the met life tower or even all the way to lower manhattan, been looking for this as its the view i got driving from jfk the twice I visited and is the lasting image I have of NY

Default Top of Bloomberg Tower

It appears there are at least 2 antennae atop the new Bloomberg Tower. Does anybody know about these?

Smile

Does nobody have some new pics, especially from the court. It need to be amazing now, when it's nearly finished! Maybe somebody can take some new pics when walking by the next days? This would be great!
    Last edited by onecentralpark; February 27th, 2005 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myron
    It appears there are at least 2 antennae atop the new Bloomberg Tower. Does anybody know about these?

I wouldn't say that it has two antennas, but I'm not really sure either!

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Default Bloomberg, next time get it in writing . . .

From nypost.com today:

They're breathing a sigh of relief at Bloomberg LP today — a judge just ruled that the media company founded by Mike Bloomberg doesn't have to vacate its offices at 110 E. 59th St. until it's ready to move to its new home at 731 Lexington Ave.

Had the ruling gone the other way, it would have put Bloomberg — main office tenant at the Vornado tower on the old Alexander's site — in a pickle.

If you never heard about this dispute, it's because both Bloomberg and landlord Tenber Associates, a partnership that includes the family of Burton and Scott Resnick, kept the awkward case under wraps.

Bloomberg has long had about 360,000 square feet at 110 E. 59th and at 499 Park Ave. next door — about half at each address, with some of the space linked by telecommuncations lines for TV broadcasts on upper floors.

Bloomberg's lease at 110 E. 59th was up last September. Bloomberg and Tenber agreed that Bloomberg could stay until December, when Bloomberg would vacate half the space to make room for new tenants Cantor Fitzgerald and an Estee Lauder division.

But while Bloomberg believed it had Tenber's consent to continue using the rest of its space until June, when its lease at 499 Park expired, Tenber denied agreeing to that, and demanded that Bloomberg pay double rent until it moved.

Robert Finkelstein, a partner at law firm Finkelstein Newman, which represented Bloomberg, relates: "In September, when the lease is up, Tenber says, 'get out.'

"Bloomberg says, wait, we're doing a massive relocation we've been working on for years. The schedule gets us out half in December and June for the rest."

Tenber took Bloomberg to court in October demanding eviction.

But the court ruled yesterday that Bloomberg can stay because the landlord, in verbal discussions and in other ways, actually "induced" Bloomberg to remain beyond the lease expiration — and that its motive in asking for double rent was to make up for the cost of paying the new tenants' "bridge" rents at their old addresses after their leases expired there.

The landlord "got what it bargained for," the court said.

Calls to Scott Resnick and to the lawyer for Tenber, Michael Simon, were not returned.

Default Bloomberg Tower and The Gates

I'm still excited about the crown. Definitely a beacon.

http://nyc5boros.com/pics/gates/nyc_..._bloomberg.jpg