Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 505 Fifth Avenue - by Kohn Pedersen Fox

Default This building is very similar to 565 Fifth Avenue

in its look. Of course that is because it is the same developer.
    565 was designed by Norman Jaffe in 1990-92.

Banned Member

Fifth Avenue in general is dull. I think it's a nice addition. Especially when consider that there are some things built that are downright offensive.

Forum Veteran

Alternate view of the poMo version

Howard Renderings

Quote Originally Posted by kliq6
    Any Leasing Activity on this one?

Lender advances on Fifth Ave. office
    CIT Group eyes space in new tower; Cornell finds it's better to rent

Published on April 25, 2005

In another promising sign for Manhattan's office-leasing market, commercial lender CIT Group is jockeying to grab space in one of the city's few office buildings constructed without any committed tenants at the outset.

CIT executives are negotiating a deal to rent up to 200,000 square feet at 505 Fifth Ave., at East 42nd Street. CB Richard Ellis is representing CIT, and Cushman & Wakefield Inc. is representing building owner Kipp-Stawski Management Group. Asking rents at the building average $83 a square foot.

Sources say that CIT executives had considered a move downtown to 7 World Trade Center, but that Chief Executive Jeffrey Peek preferred to stay in midtown.

CIT, which is renting 200,000 square feet at 1211 Sixth Ave. through 2008, declined to provide details about a prospective lease.

"As a matter of business practice, we periodically evaluate our needs for office space as it relates to our business requirements," says a CIT spokesman.

Brokers for the 28-story, 275,000-square-foot-tower are negotiating offers from financial firms of all sizes that like the building's proximity to Grand Central Terminal.

--Christine Haughney

COPYRIGHT 2005 CRAIN COMMUNICATIONS INC.

Forum Veteran

Heard that CIT and a few Hedge funds are looking at this building, also occupancy is expected end of August.

This and Hearst add over 1 million sf of space to the market and our GREAT projects

I love this building. Its facade has so many folds and facets for such a tiny space. It's like a vagina in that it has so many wonderful folds and curves in such a tiny space! I love looking at it!! To me, it's the Vagina Building. I wish that I could spend 24 hours a day in it!!!

By the way, do you guys remember how horrible and disgusting this site was for years? Now it is occupied by this jewel!!

Quote Originally Posted by londonlawyer
    I love this building. Its facade has so many folds and facets for such a tiny space. It's like a vagina in that it has so many wonderful folds and curves in such a tiny space! I love looking at it!! To me, it's the Vagina Building. I wish that I could spend 24 hours a day in it!!!

By the way, do you guys remember how horrible and disgusting this site was for years? Now it is occupied by this jewel!!
    LMAO! That's candid. But common dude, there could be little kids reading the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Stern
    LMAO! That's candid. But common dude, there could be little kids reading the forum.
    Kids read this forum? No one seems younger than teenagers.

If kids are reading this, then sorry young men.

That was my honest impression when I looked at the facade today though!

By the way, Stern, what's LMAO?

Kids read this forum? No one seems younger than teenagers.

If kids are reading this, then sorry young men.

That was my honest impression when I looked at the facade today though!

By the way, Stern, what's LMAO?
    I'm sure kids read this forum, I know the internet isn't family friendly, but there should be places where kids can find refuge and read their interests.

LMAO= Laugh My Ass Off.

Quote Originally Posted by Stern
    I'm sure kids read this forum, I know the internet isn't family friendly, but there should be places where kids can find refuge and read their interests.

LMAO= Laugh My Ass Off.
    You must admit that it was a funny comment!

Jesus Christ
    I mean it's a nice building, but a vagina? I hope it doesn't smell fishy when you get up close

The Dude Abides

I gotta say, although it's a nice building, I don't think it's right for this corner. I mean, 42nd and 5th is such an important intersection in Manhattan, and I don't get the feeling that this building has enough of a presence as it stands. It doesn't necessarily have to be a lot taller, just grander. Oh well, better than what was there before.

The Dude Abides

If you read my entire post, I said yes, it's a nice building, and yes, it's better than what was there before. It's also a very prominent intersection in Midtown. I would have preferred to see something more dramatic and majestic. You can barely make out the building if you're walking down Fifth avenue in the upper 40's.

Default 5th Avenue and 42nd Street Tower

More like this...

5th Avenue and 42nd Street Tower
    Steven Holl Architects'
    http://www.stevenholl.com

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast