Thread: 420 East 61st Street - Any info?

Default 420 East 61st Street - Any info?

Does anybody have any information regarding 420 East 61st Street? *Skyscrapers.com lists it as "420 East 61st Street *Tower 1" a 443 foot, *41 story building under construction. *Thanks.

Default 420 East 61st Street

There was a forum thread on this building in December. That's all I have.

Ahh, so that's the project. *Thanks.

... such boring buildings. Designed by Davis Brody Bond both 443 feet, 41 stories

When I compare the rendering and the December picture (below) of the building erected, I do not see how the second building is going to fit in the space on the right side. Are they going to demolish the existing building on the right? Any ideas?

Thanks for the rendering. *They are pretty bland, but I'm interested in the grey section in the rendering. *I wonder what sort of material that will be, clear glass? *Masonary? *Whatever it is, it should probably enhance the plainess of the building somewhat.

Look what else he designed. *What a surprise.

Always been a sucker for shiny buildings, the way they play with the sun and such. Its a dark neighborhood, most expensive in the world but dark. Costas and Brody have been hired, neither exciting but this and Costas' Bridge Tower create a unique and uplifting architecture.

Mike, what building is in that other picture that is in one of your replies?????? * *What and where is it????

That's the River East condominum on the Upper East side. *I'm not sure the exact address, but it's around 65th st and right on the river.

One East River Place

525 East 72nd Street, Lenox Hill

Height: 486 ft (148 m)
    Completion Date: 1988
    415 residential units

From http://www.davisbrody.com:

Oriented east-west with its narrow edge facing inland, this 49-story apartment tower on Manhattan's East River was designed to give river views to almost all of its 415 units, while obscuring as little as possible the river outlook of its neighbors. The southern elevation of the new building is curved to further diminish its impact on the surrounding area. The glass enclosed lobby imparts a quality of transparency that allows people to look through the building to the river. An unusual detail is the notched end wall of the tower which expresses an indented window that brings daylight to the corridors. A public plaza, a private garden, two floors of health clubs including a roof-top swimming pool, below grade parking and medical offices beneath the lobby floor are among amenities included in the building plan.

The view on One East River Place apartment building from the East River

The view on One East River Place from Queensborough Bridge

Thanks a lot Edward