Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Time Warner Center from a Distance

Default Time Warner Center from a Distance

AOL Time Warner Center is starting to appear on Manhattan's skyline. These pictures show the Center from a distance. Within couple of days I will post more *pictures of the AOL Timer Warner, but from a close distance.

Central Park in snow and the AOL Time Warner Center on 20 January 2002.

The Merchants' gate of the Central Park and the AOL Time Warner Center on 20 January 2002.

The view on the cranes of AOL Time Warner Center from the New York City Passenger Ship Terminal Piers on 27 January 2002.

The view on AOL Time Warner Center from the 420 W 42nd Street on 20 January 2002.

Default AOL Time Warner Center from a distance

Great photos, thanks. *I especially liked the one looking over Chelsea/Hell's Kitchen.

A colossus is emerging.

AOL Time Warner Center is rising behind the Trump International Hotel & Tower. On the left Random House/Park Imperial is nearing completion. The view across Central Park's Sheep Meadow on 21 April 2002.

The view of AOL Time Warner Center from Hell's Kitchen on 1 August 2002.

The view of AOL Time Warner Center *from Hudson River Park at West 55th Street on 17 August 2002.

Twin towers of AOL Time Warner Center soaring above the West Side of Manhattan. The view from New York Passenger Ship Terminal on 5 October 2002.

A rainy day in Central Park. 13 October 2002.

For no other reason than sheer height off the park, 750 feet makes a memorable impact.

Hrm, I wonder how Trump's Intl Hotel affects views from the North Tower.

AOL looks impressive down 59th, but its frustrating to see it from here. Not that I want Trump's building to go away... it looks so nice in the photo Chris got onto skyscrapers.com. *

How much further does it have to go? I'm guesstimating the North Tower is just over 600ft in that photo, another 30ft or so on the South Tower.

What camera is that with btw? I'm looking to buy a new one to replace the Ricoh RDC-7 I bought last year out of impulse after getting frustrated with complex camera reviews. Looking for more zoom

I think the North Tower will contain the hotel.
    Permanent residents will have the best views.

The view of midtown Manhattan across Hudson River from Weehawken, NJ. 27 October 2002.

Superb skyline.

*sigh* Im coming over now, infact I almost love it. Twins, must be a New York thing. Its not comparable but evokes the World Trade, we must now rebuild and mark our skyline with Twins to the south and North.

they really add alot to that area of the west side, before, that part of the skyline sort of died down and got smaller, now it just became an extra peak that stretchets your eyes out farther away from the core of midtown!
    and the glass is very nice, it wont be as light as in renderings but its still a pretty blue, they look even better standing against the brown colors of the residential towers in the area

I kinda wish that the AOL Time Warner center was about 70 stories instead of 50. *It would really stand out from the skyline and make its presence dominant. *

This is one of the most beauiful skyline pics that i have ever seen even on this site. Its times like this when looking at these pics we can say that we are truly the greatest city in the world.

If only that white telecom tower with blind walls was reclad.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast