Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Times Square Tower - 7 Times Square / 42nd @ B'way & 7th Ave - by S.O.M.

Forum Veteran

Default Times Square Tower (10 Times Square)

Quote: from Rich Battista on 1:35 pm on Nov. 28, 2002
    wow, this is great news!!!!!! I hope that the new tower will be lit up and will stand out even more on the NYC skyline than before. Is the tower going to be a straight up pole or will it have kind of a spire look to it????
    I'm guessing that there will be some sort of architectural flair to the transmission mast, and I'm definitely sure that it will be floodlit at night. *I wonder if the construction will include a few added floors to the top of Condé Nast...? *I doubt it, but you never know...

We ca hope for some fancy structure at the top only if the building can support the extra weight.

I am so glad this feature is included into the TXSQ Tower, so vivid, cutting edge. I forget what book it was, SOM Urban 1995-2000? but it had the sharpest renderings of Times Square Tower. The entire tower was black with these zigzags, a central spire pierced the sky. It was the coolest building I had ever seen, never seen anything like it, from Childs something more futuristic and crisp than anything from the boards of *Foster. It would've been amazing.

Gray winter sky over Times Square skyscrapers. The steel of 7 Times Square going up. The view from New York Passenger Ship Terminal. 21 December 2002.

Banned Member

Is it topped out yet?

Forum Veteran

Quote: from BrooklynRider on 9:48 am on Dec. 23, 2002
    Is it topped out yet?
    I'd say that is has about 12 more stories to go. *It's supposed to be taller than Westin TSQ. *A lot taller.

It's good to have a peak, even a relative one. The Conde Nast will still be the tallest, but a longer antenna would help. Times Square needs a clearer and more distinct identity on the skyline, and the Times building will not be in the heart but on a margin of the district.

I think it's going to look great. *Can't wait to see it when I visit in March.

Forum Veteran

Quote: from Christian Wieland on 8:48 am on Dec. 25, 2002
    It's good to have a peak, even a relative one. The Conde Nast will still be the tallest, but a longer antenna would help. Times Square needs a clearer and more distinct identity on the skyline, and the Times building will not be in the heart but on a margin of the district.
    But since Condé Nast's new spire will be almost equal to the height of NYT Tower, they will seemingly form a gateway to the district, like with 2IF and Union Square in Hong Kong. *At least, that's how I see it...

Edward, love the pic! The new Times Square buildlings really stand out well against the dark sky, and it's the best I've seen Conde Nast and the Westin look; especially now that the Teligent sign has been removed! Wasn't 10 TSQ *supposed to be topped out at 720 ft.?

Just saw a shot on Fox News of the buidling behind the building where they drop the ball. It rocked! I can't wait to see this done and what the view of New Year's 2004 will look like from the top of this.

Times Square skyscrapers on a cold January day. The high-tech 4xSq, 3xSq, recently opened Westin Times Square Hotel, 7xSq under construction, 5xSq. 12 January 2003.

Pretty new pic Edward! I find it interesting, how 1 Astor Plaza/1515 B'way looks very 60's, while the Times Square cluster looks very sleek and futuristic! I'm pretty sure that I'm going to enjoy 10 xSq. more looking down 7th. Ave, than from the river...just as I do with the Ernst and Young Building.

Yum......!!!!! * Thanks, Edward. * I love seeing skyscrapers going up!

Forum Veteran

It looks pretty close to topping out in that photograph. *It's about flush with the advertising displays atop Condé Nast.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast