Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Times Square Plaza - 11 Times Square - 42nd St @ 8th Ave - by FX Fowle Architects

Thats probably why the thing is taking so long to get started, They havent even finished clearing the site yet.

P.S. here's the website'http://www.eleventimessquare.com/flash.html

From the New York Post
    http://www.nypost.com/realestate/25344.htm

Whatever happend to Paul and Howard Milstein's big 42nd Street project?

According to a CoStar compilation of Manhattan's largest blocks of available office space, reported in Crain's this week, the tower the Milsteins plan for the southeast corner of Eighth Avenue and 42nd Street will have 960,413 square feet of new offices ready for occupancy by October 2005.

But for that to happen, the building would have to shoot out of the earth overnight. Since a groundbreaking presided over by Gov. Pataki in October 2002, the site remains a walled-off, empty lot.

The Milsteins have been in talks with the Empire State Development Corp. about doing the project as partly residential. And in any event, the site can only accommodate 720,000 feet of offices and/or apartments ó the maximum that ESDC guidelines allow at the corner, which falls within the boundaries of the 42nd Street Development Project.

However, Howard Milstein says that under Real Estate Board of N.Y. rules for "rentable" space, the floor size is really 850,000 feet. Asked about the status of things, Milstein joked, "We're building it in China and we're going to float it over."

More seriously, he said, "We're looking forward to coming out of the ground by year's end."

It will likely be a commercial/residential mix, with 450,000 square feet of apartments in an "80/20 project" ó with the Milsteins getting lower-cost financing available under city or state authority in exchange for earmarking 20 percent of the units for moderate-income tenants.

Milstein also confirmed long-standing buzz that the tower might house a world-class aquarium, saying he was in talks with two prospective operators.

ESDC chairman Charles Gargano would only say: "We're ready to sign an agreement with the Milsteins. We have been flexibile and we'll allow all-commerical or a mix."

* Please send e-mail to: scuozzo@nypost.com

The Milsteins have been in talks with the Empire State Development Corp. about doing the project as partly residential. And in any event, the site can only accommodate 720,000 feet of offices and/or apartments ó the maximum that ESDC guidelines allow at the corner, which falls within the boundaries of the 42nd Street Development Project.
    Ok so first it has to be 720,000 sqft...

However, Howard Milstein says that under Real Estate Board of N.Y. rules for "rentable" space, the floor size is really 850,000 feet. Asked about the status of things, Milstein joked, "We're building it in China and we're going to float it over."
    Here Milstein said it is 850,000 sqft of office (I assume is "rentable" space)...

It will likely be a commercial/residential mix, with 450,000 square feet of apartments in an "80/20 project" ó with the Milsteins getting lower-cost financing available under city or state authority in exchange for earmarking 20 percent of the units for moderate-income tenants.
    Here Milstein said it is 450,000 sqft apartments...

So how big is it in sqft according to Milstein? 850,000 + 450,000? 1,300,000 sqft? :? I am confuse.

I think that the 850,000 is total (offices+apartments).

Oh ok..thanks...I was getting excited for a minute. :wink:

Renderings by Jon Seagull of one of the schemes for the tower.

http://www.jonseagull.com/p_11tsq_1.shtml

Forum Veteran

Nice.

Note the NYT tower rising behind it.

Forum Veteran

Whoa, cool. And it looks so teeny next to NYT.

What I find intrinsically remarkable about this design is that itís a throw back to a past Fox and Fowle design aesthetic in modern forms and materials. Itís a nice building btw.

:shock: wow That is so cool :shock: can't wait for those two wonderfull buildings.

Forum Veteran

nice to see it but any real news on actual construction

Banned Member

They had said they would consider a residential tower if commercial tenants couldn't be secured. It looks like they are going for it.

It looks like they are going for it.
    Its possible, but Im not so sure. The site said:

"This is one proposed scheme of several for the site."

Forum Veteran

Very nice looking. I guess if I was them, i'd go for a hotel/office/residential/retail development. You cover all your bases that way. We'll see. Great design, though. Throw in a new PA tower and you have one heck of an area over in the "new" TS.

Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast