Page 6 of 79 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Times Square Plaza - 11 Times Square - 42nd St @ 8th Ave - by FX Fowle Architects

Quote Originally Posted by Stern
    It looks like they are going for it.
    Its possible, but Im not so sure. The site said:

"This is one proposed scheme of several for the site."
    Whatever the case, they need to take those old renderings down at the site. And its probably just my imagination, but the site has been looking deeper lately...

Banned Member

Deeper? That would be interesting. Sitting atop a subway station / line, there will be a limit to how far down they go. I would guess, no on-site parking.

Whatever the case, they need to take those old renderings down at the site. And its probably just my imagination, but the site has been looking deeper lately...
    I dont know NyGuy the site looks pretty overgrown to me.

Forum Veteran

I walk past this site everyday for the last three years and nothing, they break ground in 2002 for financial purposes and then nothing further, anyone hear anything on this job. One day I hear it may be half residential, a hotel and then the website still advertize a Office Tower. Durst and Forest City have gotten Tenants for there building in the same area so you cant say it location, WHAT'S up with this project

Banned Member

The most anti-climactic ground breaking of the last decade.

I think the real start of the NYTT next door will put pressure on this project. If the Milsteins can't build, the city might find a company that will. It is a glaring missing puzzle piece that needs to be in place to call the "New" 42nd Street "complete".

Forum Veteran

Im with you rider, it just looks so stupid staying dormant like this. But this is not the first time in NYC with Milstein that this has happened, He sat on a site next to 90 West Street for 20 years and the city took it from him in 2003 to get the Trade Center more space and he had plans in place once for a office tower and once for a residential tower in the seaport area, waited and this year landmarks said the area cant be developed now, some developer

Personally, I'd prefer to see the city or Times acquire the Milstein site and build a grand plaza on it with fountains, scultpures and trees. It would serve as a great entrance to the NYT tower.

After it rains, the big hole in the ground looks like a dirty lake !

The site of the current Bloomberg Building (formerly known as the Alexander's site) was a gaping hole in the ground for many years while the winds of development shifted. I think that the eminent domain process through which the city could repossess this particular site would take many many years. I really hope it doesn't come down to that.

Banned Member

But when you look at activity on 42nd Street itself, we have 505 Fifth underway, BoA underway, the residential tower next to McGraw-Hill underway, the site across from the zebra building getting ready for demolition, and, of course, NYTT around the corner on Eighth, the Marriott Execustay up to 40 stories on 36th & 6th. What exactly is the problem with this project? It just doesn't make sense.

Forum Veteran

Zebra building?

What exactly is the problem with this project? It just doesn't make sense.
    Just like the stagnant PABT Tower its a spec. office building. Here the developer tried to build without tenants, however Im not even so sure he got financing.

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by kliq6
    Zebra building?
    I can't remember the name. It is west of The Victory and at the exit of the Lincoln Tunnel. It has the dark brown and beige stripes of brick. Playwrights Horizons & the Little Shubert Theater are at its base.

Forum Veteran

The Theater Row tower.

Forum Veteran

Also along 42nd in early 2005 the Bush Tower will start its office addition. As for PABT Tower, its actually in court now as the PANYNJ is being sued by the developer it picked to build it before 9/11, the Rudin Family because they pulled out even thought Rudin had a tenant

Page 6 of 79 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast