Page 71 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1185

Thread: Times Square Plaza - 11 Times Square - 42nd St @ 8th Ave - by FX Fowle Architects

I like it too but I'm not sure how covering the stone with stainless steel would look. It might be cool. Anyway a great shot of both towers from HoveringCheescake

Quote Originally Posted by kz1000ps View Post
    9/12:

The 7th Ave block-front between 41st-40th must have a lot of unused development rights. It's the one with the Parsons New School for Design building (which I like). You can see the top of it peaking out at the bottom of Kz's picture.
    Last edited by Derek2k3; September 27th, 2009 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post

The facelift by architects Kohn Pedersen Fox will also overlay limestone portions of the façade and sharp-edged "crown" with brushed aluminum panels.
    Covering LIMESTONE with brushed aluminum?

Retarded.

... the aluminum finish will also set 1515 Broadway off from the Marriott Marquis on the next block.

Right now, the stone portions of the two buildings tend to run together at first glance.
    Uhh, yeah ... right.

(Maybe if you're a complete retard with no visual acuity.)

When will the new Billboards/Ads go on the facade?

They haven't yet filed the applications at DOB for signage.

Kings County Loyal BrooklynLove's Avatar

Square Feet | The 30-Minute Interview
    Steven J. Pozycki

By VIVIAN MARINO
    Published: October 1, 2009
    Mr. Pozycki, 59, is the chief executive of SJP Properties, a developer of office buildings and residential condominiums. SJP’s newest project is 11 Times Square, a 40-story glass tower rising across Eighth Avenue from the Port Authority terminal.
    Skip to next paragraph Kristen Luce for The New York Times
    Steven J. Pozycki is the chief executive of SJP Properties, a developer of office buildings and residential condominiums.

#embed602{visibility:visible !important;}

Q. How is construction going at 11 Times Square?
    A. I’d say we’re about three-quarters complete. We’re finishing the elevators, the mechanical system — the whole guts of the building. We’re just finishing with our storefront glass and our lobby glass, which is a specialty glass out of Germany that costs a zillion dollars.
    Q. Do you have any confirmed tenants there yet?
    A. No signed leases.
    Q. Does this make you a little nervous?
    A. Fundamentally, we could carry the building three years — dead empty — from next April, when the building is finished. If the market stays down that long, though, we’re all in trouble.
    Q. Why so confident?
    A. We built into our lease-up period a very conservative projection of how it might lease. It’s in the budget.
    It’s very conservatively underwritten. The debt level is very low; I think it’s about 60 percent. We’re fortunate not to have any debt turning over as of this time. We have one small loan that we’re rolling over with an institution now on fine terms.
    Q. Are you close, though, to signing on any tenants?
    A. We’re showing the building regularly. We’re talking to many tenants in the 200,000- to 500,0000-foot range. We have very good interest from a couple of them, and we’re going to make a very competitive deal before the building finishes.
    We have probably six to eight tenants that have serious interest. My sense is we could have less than 12 tenants.
    Q. The French bank Natixis has reportedly looked at the building, along with other locations, to consolidate its offices around Manhattan. Is the bank one of those serious contenders?
    A. That tenant is probably on hold for a while. I certainly wouldn’t say that Natixis would be something we’re counting on.
    Q. How about the law firm Proskauer Rose, which also was said to be looking at your space?
    A. We probably have five different law firms looking at the building — that have been here numerous times, that are doing drawings on the building. I’d rather not say who right now because they get so sensitive if they hear their name mentioned.
    Q. Who will occupy the ground-level retail space?
    A. We’re looking at venues that haven’t been brought to Times Square yet. We’ve had incredible interest in one venue that I can speak of: large aquariums.
    Q. What are the building’s biggest selling points?
    A. It’s the newest, the greenest. There won’t be another spec building — with the financing markets the way they are — for probably four to 10 years. So this would be the last opportunity to be in a LEED-certified gold building on a transportation hub with great exposure — floor-to-ceiling glass.
    The average age of office buildings in Midtown is probably 60 to 70 years old. In a building of that nature you see inefficient floor plates, big cores in the center of the buildings, huge columns everywhere. That doesn’t really lend itself to what tenants are needing today. We have seven corner offices on each floor, and they don’t have a column in the middle to screw up the view.
    Q. What will rents be per square foot?
    A. We’re looking at rates that start in the high $70s, low $80s.
    Q. Let’s switch gears to residential. How are sales at the Platinum near Times Square?
    A. That’s about 80 percent sold out, and the construction loan is paid off.
    Q. You started out in New Jersey, right?
    A. The first piece of property we developed was a 120-acre campus in Parsippany, so we still keep our headquarters there.
    Q. Tell me more about your Jersey roots.
    A. Bruce Springsteen lived down the hall from me in college; I went to Monmouth when he was starting out. He was in the same tenement I was in — a six-story walk-up with bathrooms in the hall. They’d play to about 3 in the morning. Every single day.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynLove View Post
    Q. Who will occupy the ground-level retail space?
    A. We’re looking at venues that haven’t been brought to Times Square yet. We’ve had incredible interest in one venue that I can speak of: large aquariums.

An aquarium would be nice. How much retail space do they have that could accomodate an aquarium.

The "North Retail" space is really large ...

Two floors above grade are available; together the street level + 2nd floor level = > 20K sf. Plus there's another 10K sf + directly below grade.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11 TS_Fox_03a_Lobby.JPG 
Views:	133 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	7669   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11 TS_Fox_04b_2nd Fl.JPG 
Views:	129 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	7670   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11 TS_Fox_02a_Sub Floor.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	7671  

Kings County Loyal BrooklynLove's Avatar

Re large aquarium - I interpreted this to refer to a design or sales feature, but not an actual aquarium like sea world or something ...

I don't buy the part about being able to carry the building empty for 3 years. While technically possible maybe, it would kill his portfolio-wide ROI.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynLove View Post
    Re large aquarium - I interpreted this to refer to a design or sales feature, but not an actual aquarium like sea world or something
    I thought of a retail store that sells large aquariums - you know, big tanks for tropical fish.

Hopefully some animated billboards go up to invigorate this vital corner.

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    The "North Retail" space is really large ...

Two floors above grade are available; together the street level + 2nd floor level = > 20K sf. Plus there's another 10K sf + directly below grade.

Thanks, Lofter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
    This is amazing.