Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29697576777879
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1185

Thread: Times Square Plaza - 11 Times Square - 42nd St @ 8th Ave - by FX Fowle Architects

Sharp. I guess that's what you get if you charge your legal clients $500 + / hour

I don't remember too big of a deal being made of it in this thread (and maybe it's because I didn't read closely enough), but the fact that this building has no corner columns on the three sides is really quite sick. It makes it seem as though you are just completely surrounded by air.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

The interiors are very attractive. Apparently Gensler is better at interiors than they are with exteriors.

On another note, what's taking them so long to put up the super signs here?

I still LOVE this building. One of the the nicest office towers to go up in a long time...

It's quite nice.

11 Times Square finally lands retail tenant

May 18, 2012 09:00AM

From left: SJP Properties CEO Steven Pozycki, Colliers' James Emden and 11 Times Square retail

SJP Properties’ 11 Times Square has finally landed a tenant for part of its 55,000-square-foot vacant retail space. The Wall Street Journal reported that a Russian restaurant company, backed by chain Global Food International, leased 25,000 square feet on the ground floor and mezzanine.

Despite being passed by thousands of people every day, including travelers on their way to the Port Authority Bus Terminal, the space had sat vacant for nearly two years. In fact, since the 1.1 million-square-foot tower was completed at the end of 2010 it has sat 60 percent vacant. The new tenant, brought to the building by James Emden of Colliers International, marks the first major deal for the building since law firm Proskauer Rose signed for space before construction was completed.

SJP, represented by Robert Futterman and Joshua Strauss of Robert K. Futterman & Associates, had been seeking about $500 per square-foot for the space, which drew interest from CVS and Buffalo Wild Wings.

© 2012 The Real Deal

Please don't let it be CVS.

Quote Originally Posted by antinimby View Post

11 Times Square finally lands retail tenant

... The new tenant, brought to the building by James Emden of Colliers International ...
    The list of representative retail clients shown by Colliers International doesn't include CVS.

Hooters is listed.

More on the Russian food group going in at 11 TS:

SJP signs restaurant to 25,000 s/f at 11 Times Square

REAL ESTATE WEEKLY
    MAY 23, 2012

Colliers International has arranged a long-term, 25,000 s/f lease at 11 Times Square for a new, world-cuisine restaurant concept from The Global Food International Corporation.

The coveted ground floor and mezzanine level of SJP Properties’ gleaming high-rise tower is being specially redesigned for a state-of-the-art restaurant which will officially announce its name later this year, said Colliers.

The eatery will have an open-kitchen layout to deliver “an interactive element to the dining experience.” Construction is underway, with a scheduled opening in 2013.

“The restaurant owners wanted to enter the New York City market in a building that would make a statement. This fabulous new restaurant will now anchor the Times Square redevelopment along Eighth Avenue and is well positioned to be a huge success,” said James Emden, a vice chairman at Colliers International, who along with senior managing director Robert Koslow and director Dmitry Levkov represented GFIC ...

GFIC is a large, St. Petersburg, Russia-based firm with 54 restaurants worldwide but with little knowledge of the U.S. marketplace.

“For this new restaurant concept to enter and thrive in New York City, we knew we would have to take a fresh approach,” said Emden, who brought in architecture firm HLW to meet with GFIC early in the process to better conceptualize the layout.

“Once GFIC began to embrace the architect’s vision, we were able to approach the owners with an exciting and fully realized idea.”

Forum Veteran

From the other side of the pic above. I guess Proskauer got their name on the building (at the top as well as the bottom).

I wonder if Microsoft will go here. They seem to be vascillating.

Sounds like they might have, but who knows... http://commercialobserver.com/2012/0...-times-square/

I haven't seen buildout for the restaurant(s) mentioned in there yet, but surely it'll be happening eventually. Big churn on the TS restaurant front these days. With Planet Hollywood and ESPNZone out, it was looking a little bleak, but I guess Buca di Beppo and Eataly are moving in. Also, we haven't been talking about it here, but major work has been going on at the I Miller shoe building after all these years. http://lostnewyorkcity.blogspot.com/...how-folks.html

Thx for the info.
    Last edited by londonlawyer; December 23rd, 2012 at 10:58 PM.

I saw on The Real Deal Microsoft has signed a 230,000sq. ft. lease with SJP

Quote Originally Posted by lesterp4 View Post
    I saw on There Real Deal Microsoft has signed a 230,000sq. ft. lease with SJP
    That's good news. Thanks for the update.

Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29697576777879