Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: 101 Warren Street - Condo, Rentals - TriBeCa - by Skidmore, Ownings & Merrill

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tribeca Lover View Post
    101 Warren does not look as good as their original rendering. I would like to see it completed but as of now, it is looking very contrived.
    Calling it contrived is a rather nice compliment (if one knows the definition of the word.)

Are you a real estate broker or sales rep for 200 Chambers?

Quote Originally Posted by Tribeca Lover View Post
    101 Warren does not look as good as their original rendering. I would like to see it completed but as of now, it is looking very contrived. And, what is up with the windows facing Greenwich Street? They are small and ugly. Again, I need to see the building in completed form.
    I see these buildings every day, and while I don't think either are great, I like them both, mainly because they turned out better than the renderings.

Of the two however, 101 Warren is the bigger surprise. The facade is high quality, the glass much better than 100 Chambers, which to me looks cheap up close. And whats with those pop-out windows?

The windows on the low-rise buildings of 101 Warren are disappointing - looks like a 1960s high school.

The windows at 101 Warren on the upper floors as they now appear over Greenwich Street / Warren Street are a bit worrisome -- hoping that panels are to be installed that will break up the unrelenting dark appearance that now exists.

This rendering of the Greenwich Street facade doesn't give me much hope:

The dark window portion is part of the rental building along Greenwich Street, facing other apartment buildings on the east side of the street. It is not really a part of the building that will be visible as part of the "skyline" unless the viewer is standing within a block of the building on Greenwich. I am sure costs and other considerations came into play in determining not to make the facade look too fancy.

From a streetscape perspective, it will be more visible than the tower on Warren and West.

It will face a wide sidewalk with retail, and set the character of the street.

Rental building or not, it's part of the entire complex, and one developer is making money from all of it. I can't think of any "considerations" besides cost.

Other considerations I was thinking about was the fact that retailers would want better visibility into their stores from the street. I guess they still could have broken it up with the stone facades. It does look set back from the street and if they really plant trees, it should look fine.

Is this the look they're going for?
    Leftover ductwork.

YIKES!!!

How could they go so wrong on this east facade?

(Perhaps they have a trick up their sleeves, but I'm not sensing it.)

Just call me Mr. 24/7. I live where I work and I work where I live. Do secretaries come with each apartment?

Banned Member

Is this the "20" part of "80/20"?

Default loving 101 Warren

I have not been by in a while, and I love the thick stone piers. the building has some ummph, some charachter, and it's not just skin. It makes 200 Chambers look really cheap and ugly , which, well, it is.

As 101 Warren goes up, the stone cladding will be really visually interesting. I think the alternating pattern is pretty strong especially coupled with the stone itself. The canted glass is interesting as well.

The stone work is very high quality and looks great, but this side of the building looks like something out of Europe in the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynRider View Post
    Is this the "20" part of "80/20"?
    My laugh out loud moment of the day. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by finnman69 View Post
    I have not been by in a while, and I love the thick stone piers. the building has some ummph, some charachter, and it's not just skin. It makes 200 Chambers look really cheap and ugly , which, well, it is.

As 101 Warren goes up, the stone cladding will be really visually interesting. I think the alternating pattern is pretty strong especially coupled with the stone itself. The canted glass is interesting as well.

well finnman, if i lived at 200 chambers i wouldn't have an outside view of the bldg once i was in it. my view would be of 101 warren on the north side so i say ugly or not, 200 chambers folks will have a better view according to you and it's going to suck for owners of northside apts at 101 warren.