Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warner Bros. Television Looking for Skyscraper Under Const.

Default Warner Bros. Television Looking for Skyscraper Under Const.

Hello everyone,
    I am a location representative from Warner Bros. Television. We are searching for a tall(ish) building that is under construction with an 'open' type elevator to shoot some scenes for a new show. We will pay a handsome fee and have enough insurance to choke a horse. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Interesting request. We can forget about the WTC. Carnegie 57 is probably too short and lacks the elevator, as far as I know. They took down the elevator on 8 Spruce street.

Off the top of my head, maybe Mt. Sinai's new tower, and one of those towers under construction in Long Island City.

Check the properties on this map: http://batchgeo.com/map/f703b5ae12f7...15d675f02d4fe5 <-- The list is a work in progress of mine, but the markers on that map represent most high rises currently under construction in NYC

Thanks. The ones in LIC are a little problematic. It's not exactly an easy location to find

Kings County Loyal BrooklynLove's Avatar

If you can't find the LIC towers, you've got bigger problems.

You misunderstood, my friend. Do you have anything constructive?

When you say "skyscraper" how "tall-ish" does it have to be to suit your interests?

Anything over 5 floors we can turn into a skyscraper.

You might want to look into the new building on West 53rd between Tenth & Eleventh being developed by the Walentas family / Two Trees Development: Mercedes House (previously known as Clinton Park). The second section there is now rising and a large elevator structure has been set up on West 53rd (east of Tenth).

Yes, we are looking at that. We're also trying to access a stalled property on 27th St. & 39th Ave. in LIC but are having no luck reaching the owner. A person named Louie. Any help with this contact would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

You're kidding, right?

Not many guys in construction around NYC named Louie. Even without a specific address he should be easy to track down.

I see two properties, one at the NE of the intersection, the other a bit up 27th.

What's the address? It should be easy to get the owner from DOB files.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    I see two properties, one at the NE of the intersection, the other a bit up 27th.What's the address? It should be easy to get the owner from DOB files.
    38-26 27th St. - middle of the block. Appreciate your help.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Person of Interest View Post
    You misunderstood, my friend. Do you have anything constructive?
    He usually doesn't.

Anyway, you may want to give that stalled green-glassed project in Chinatown on the Bowery and Hester a try.

It is fairly tall and because the surrounding area is relatively low-rise, it will seem even higher up. The streets below are also very busy so that should make for a good TV scene.

Another one no one has mentioned so far is the International Gem tower under construction right in Midtown (on W 46 St between Fifth and Sixth).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast