Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposed Jets Stadium on West Side

Default Bloomberg: *new stadium for Manhattan's Westside

I see dbhstockton called this other newby a sh*thead on another recent post. dbhstockton is well respected on the board. Should I use that as precedence, and change my blanks back to @sshole, or should I leave it alone? I also noticed Edward recently admonished NYC4ever for posting BULLSHI* on another thread... but he didn't remove the post or ask him to edit it...

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. You're a good man Stern.

Yeah, I may have been a little hard on tonyo, but the tone of this board had just been getting more and more juvenile. *I just snapped.

you should be flattered by my honesty chris. *honesty is one of the few signs of respect.

and btw, i do not confront "a longstanding member." *i simply make a statement to another member. *the validity of the statement is irrelevant to the status of the number of posts said member has made.

WHOA.....peace guys I don't want to change my alias to "Firestarter"

you should be flattered by my honesty chris. *honesty is one of the few signs of respect.

and btw, i do not confront "a longstanding member." *i simply make a statement to another member. *the validity of the statement is irrelevant to the status of the number of posts said member has made.
    Back-peddle if you wish.

You earn the respect of your peers by participation. With only 2 posts, your line of credit on respect hasn't even been established yet. Your current account balance is effectively in overdraft. Members that have hundreds of posts have a long line of credit to draw against. An occassional flippant remark draws little against the balance of a longstanding member: As a percentage of total participation, it will account for less than 1% of total forum participation. As only your 2nd post, that makes 50% of your participation that of an @sshole.

As for Fountainhead, from one Ayn Rand fan to another, I merely wished to welcome you to the board with a comment establishing common ground. I hope this unfortunate incident doesn't misrepresent to you the atmosphere of this forum.

I have nothing else to say on the matter.

i was not back-peddling, but rather simply stating a fact. *however you choose to see that is your own decision. *as to your grand analogy, it is again irrelevent to anything of a factual nature in terms of the validity of any of my statements. *if you disagree with me, perhaps you should re-read some of your Ayn Rand, because you seem to have missed some key points.

however, you are correct in that ones respect must be earned only through ones thoughts and actions. *which is one of the reasons i am always honest. *for that respect, self and otherwise, is part of the selfish nature of honesty. *

and i won't respond to any comments of vulgarity, it only insults you.

but perhaps you are right, that the matter is one best laid to rest.

A look at the railyards, site of the potential new stadium...

http://www.pbase.com/image/14195853

http://www.pbase.com/image/14195869

You can see the start of the High Line on the right of the second photo, if anyone cares.

Forum Veteran

What a shame to mess up that wonderful area with new parks, towers, and a stadium.

lol... I know you are joking.

The highline is incorporated into this proposal. I love this new type of master planning.

That is an incredibly huge and complex area to build over. The only similar situation that I can think of is Federation Square, which was built over a railyard in Melbourne and recently opened at the end of 2002.

http://www.federationsquare.com

The architects, LAB Architecture Studio
    http://www.labarchitecture.com
    worked for Daniel Liebskind as students, before winning this project as their first commission!!

I had always said to myself that Fed. Sq. looks a lot like Libeskind could have done it except its slighty different in form. Its a bit more globular where as Libeskind himself is a bit more angular.

I really like Fed. Sq. though. Its an excellent addition to Melbourne.

Rendering of the proposed Jets stadium shows the two panels making up the retractable roof.

Forum Veteran

Ugh, I don't like the renderings of the new buildings near the new stadium. *I know that they're just for massing purposes and won't be of that design, but there's too many rectangles...it looks like Pyongyang.

Looks Great!!!

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast