Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 1 New York Place

Default Tall Tower Near Ground Zero Is Proposed - 90 Stories

Quote: from Derek2k3 on 2:02 pm on Nov. 21, 2002
    There's a picture in the Times with him and renderings on the wall. Only one of the renderings of 1NYP is visible, though barely.
    I looked at the photo, but the tower in the photo appears to have a slightly different shape if its the same building. *Its a tall one, whatever it is.

these walls are papered with so many mock-ups of skyscrapers — prime among them First New York Place, the $680 million, 90-story retail-office-luxury-living complex he has proposed for downtown, at Broadway and Fulton Streets
    It has to be it. The rendering is unclear, but I thought I saw notched corners, tappering at the top and bottom.

Does anybody have anymore news on this?
    I haven't heard anymore myself.
    I know approvals take time but I'm too excited to wait!

Not good enough. It should be the exact thing before 9/11. The World Trade Center should be rebuilt.

Forum Veteran

It's proposed for a different site than the World Trade Center, though.

supposedly they are pushing for a fast approval, i have not heard anything sinse december 19th.

Really? Rich I need to know who you heard this from?

I have heard that Davis is trying to push a fast approval from one of the lower members on the LMCB. He said that the board will most likely stall the construction until they officially plan out the WTC site. They have taken Davis' project into considoration, but doubtful if they give him an approval as of now. Even though the guy is a file messenger, i trust his thoughts, he knows some of what goes on behind closed doors.

Quote: from Rich Battista on 4:47 pm on Jan. 2, 2003
    I have heard that Davis is trying to push a fast approval from one of the lower members on the LMCB. He said that the board will most likely stall the construction until they officially plan out the WTC site. They have taken Davis' project into considoration, but doubtful if they give him an approval as of now. Even though the guy is a file messenger, i trust his thoughts, he knows some of what goes on behind closed doors.
    That sounds reasonable. *I didn't expect to hear anything about it until after the WTC site plan is set. *It's proposed for the site of the new subway transit center on Fulton, an extension of the WTC project. *It remains to be seen though, whether the state or the developer will acquire the land for the site....

(Edited by NYguy at 5:21 pm on Jan. 3, 2003)

yes well, i personally do not think the project will go through at least until 2006. It seems that there has been enough emphasis put on this project, its up to the downtown board on how they are going to work the whole thing.

Beautiful beautiful beautiful!

Forum Veteran

One of many blurbs from RNN (Regional News Network, http://www.rnntv.com/NewsChooser/pag..._StoryID=21920)

Proposed Tower

"November 12, 2002 - A developer wants to build a 90-story skyscraper that would be the second-tallest building in New York City. The New York Times reports that the proposed 1.3 million-square-foot tower, which would be built one block from the World Trade Center site. It would combine 68 floors of apartments with office space and shops. The developer, Trevor Davis, said the building would be 1,050 feet tall, four feet higher than the Chrysler Building and 200 feet shorter than the Empire State Building. The tower would be called One New York Place. Davis says downtown has all the ingredients to be the next attractive location, for residential space. Davis has built a dozen residential towers in Manhattan's East Side. The $680 million tower would take up an entire block on Broadway, between Fulton and John streets. The site comprises 18 parcels with seven owners. Davis said he was currently discussing the purchase of the property with the owners."

Aside from Stern's site and discussions here on this forum, this is all I could get from Google.

Not a bad idea.

It's an excellent idea, of course it would be much more attractive alongside the new 110-floor WTC Twins, but that's my opinion.

Quote: from Agglomeration on 10:37 pm on Jan. 26, 2003
    It's an excellent idea, of course it would be much more attractive alongside the new 110-floor WTC Twins, but that's my opinion.
    I agree with that!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast