Page 64 of 93 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Thread: Con Ed site on the East River

I admit I have a problem

Whoa. Does this plan actually reduce pedestrian access to the waterfront??

Quote Originally Posted by TREPYE View Post
    I would throw Forest City Ratner into the good guys of NYC developemnt.
    I agree.

This probably won't even be the design. I'm sure that Solow will be forced to scale it down.

Make one building the size of the whole site at 15 storys. Too dense these people are really morons, can they say witha straight face that their neighbourhood (midtown manhattan) is too dense? Its the densest concentration of tall buildings in the world!! I predict a riot

Compare Chicago's Lakeshore East or even Central Station to this, and Solow and NYC as a whole should be embarassed.

A development like this needs a centerpiece....tall and cutting edge. This is just a taller, glassy version of BPC or Trump Place. I'd rather it sit empty for a decade or two.

Architectural Padawan

Well tonight's the night... I'll still be going, and it sounds like we'll have a presence with WNY members. If anyone else would like to join us, we'll be meeting at the Dunkin' Donuts on 33rd and 2nd at 6:45 and then walking over to the NYU Medical Center for the meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
    Well tonight's the night... I'll still be going, and it sounds like we'll have a presence with WNY members. If anyone else would like to join us, we'll be meeting at the Dunkin' Donuts on 33rd and 2nd at 6:45 and then walking over to the NYU Medical Center for the meeting.
    I don't know if I can make it at that time. Is there a plan to meet later for cervezas?

Forum Veteran

In the end this whole project may not even be built at all to be honest by Solow.

Who is attending meeting tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by kliq6 View Post
    In the end this whole project may not even be built at all to be honest by Solow.

Who is attending meeting tonight?
    Personally, I'd rather see it become a park than get a lot of lame buildings. However, I assume that Shelly has invested a lot of $ and will need to build something.

Forum Veteran

he may build one or two and then sell the land in my opinion, but the longer its delayed the market could change alot

I will be attending the meet, like i said i have to be uptown by around 10 or 11 but if i can ill definitely stick around. Maybe we should hang around and meet afterwards also for latecomers, not sure of a good spot as i dont know the area maybe someone can suggest a spot and we can have those cervezas!

Architectural Padawan

There's a decent bar on 31st and 2nd on the southwest corner that's probably the best bet...not sure what time we'll be done with the meeting however... if anyone wants, just send me a PM with a way to contact you, and i'll reply when we have a better handle on the ending time.

Architectural Padawan

I'm sitting at the meeting right now with alonzo-ny .... The NIMBYs are killing me!!!!!! One crazy late 20something just spoke about her petition calling for a height limit of 200 feet for the entire project... I swear these people are ****ing out of control... We'd never have a street grid or a single memorable skyscraper if they were around in the history of new York city!!! ARGH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
    I'm sitting at the meeting right now with alonzo-ny .... The NIMBYs are killing me!!!!!! One crazy late 20something just spoke about her petition calling for a height limit of 200 feet for the entire project... I swear these people are ****ing out of control... We'd never have a street grid or a single memorable skyscraper if they were around in the history of new York city!!! ARGH!!!!
    Hi, man. I'm still at work.

Can you stand up and say that these people are causing the death of architecture in NYC and their NIMBYISM results in mediocrity.

P.S.: Pls. send my rgds to Alonzo.

Exclamation Live Reportage from CB meeting

A new milestone for Wired New York: live reportage from a community board meeting.
    P.S. Thanks Guys, your posts are the next best thing to being there: sorry I could not be there myself.