Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire State Building - 350 Fifth Avenue @ 34th Street - by Shreve, Lamb and Harmon

More Empire State...

The Empire State Building in Christmas colors, in Little Italy.

Whoever took this photo went there around the same time as my last visit to the towers in feb/march 2001

no sorry. I correct myself. because bear sterns isnt finished in that photo so it might be around december 2000 when that was taken.

No need to guess, emmeka, the date is 12 October 2000.

Yahoo! News

February 3, 2004

Austrians Win Empire State Building Run

By VERENA DOBNIK, Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK - Austrians ruled the Empire State Building on Tuesday, scampering 86 flights to the observation deck to capture the annual run up the Manhattan skyscraper.

Rudolf Reitberger and Andrea Mayr won the men's and women's divisions in a race in which a 92-year-old Italian man who trains on Mount Etna was among the competitors.

Reitberger and Mayr are friends from Julbach, Austria, and train together for the Empire State Building Run-Up. Reitberger covered the 1,576 steps in 10 minutes, 37 seconds. Mayr set the women's course record at 12:08, breaking the previous mark of 12:19 set in 1996 by American Belinda Soszyn.

Finishing second and third among the men were Ran and Dan Alterman, identical twins from Israel.

A total of 117 men and women from 11 countries took part in the trek organized by New York Road Runners.

Last year's champ, Paul Crake of Australia, did not compete. The 2003 female champion returned with her new husband.

Cindy Moll-Harris of Indianapolis placed second in 13:26 — 20 seconds more than last year. Her husband, James Harris, finished 23rd among the men at 13:53.

Chico Scimone prepares for the Empire State climb by training on volcanic Mount Etna in Sicily. He scaled the Manhattan skyscraper for the 14th time, finishing in 43:25, last among the 84 men.

In Sicily, he walks up Mount Etna five days a week before going to work as a lounge pianist.

"A lot of people ask me, do you see a doctor?" he said. "I have one checkup a year: If I get to the top of the Empire State Building, I'm OK."

On top of the building, he swept up his 19-month-old great granddaughter, Isabella Jameson, and greeted his granddaughter, Kathleen Jameson, and his daughter, Pat Peters, all of Norristown, Pa.

For Kyle Restina, 43, of Scotia, the race proved she's in shape after losing 135 pounds. Two years ago, she weighed 270.

"I'm a little sweaty," she said by phone after finishing in 18:02. "But I can breathe and I can talk."

Copyright 2004 Yahoo! Inc.

Majestic!

Keep it coming! 8)

After watching 'The Day After Tomorrow' (lame skript but great special effects) I almost cry when the Empire State froze to death! :cry:

Eh, she only got a little freezer burnt. Just give her a good blow-drying and a few new windows and she'll be fine. :wink:

View from the rooftop bar at the Hotel La Quinta. A magical building.

:shock: uh...She speaks in misterious ways...

Great night shot!

Forum Veteran

That's awesome...

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast