Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire State Building - 350 Fifth Avenue @ 34th Street - by Shreve, Lamb and Harmon

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Default Or perhaps this -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1955seams.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	9733

Quote Originally Posted by oquatanginwan View Post
    The story of futurecity:

Once upon a time a boy grew up in a brick sh*thouse and he associated filth and dirtiness with masonry of all kinds. From his sh*thouse he could see what he thought was a shiny, clean, magical dwelling that was actually a greenhouse. He dreamed of a world where every building was a greenhouse. When he went to the city, he was shocked to see that it looked just like his sh*thouse. Didn't these reactionary fools know that the greenhouse is the most perfect environment for humans? He decided from that day forward he would not rest until the world knew of the superiority of glass. Glass was clean, clear, shiny, and most of all, progressive. It declared to the world, "we do not live in sh*thouses!"

That boy was Joseph Moinian.
    Did I mention that you are a bully? Yes, you are. Oooh, let's insult someone today, how fun, yipee.

Quote Originally Posted by stache View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1955seams.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	9733
    coo-coo

Quote Originally Posted by futurecity View Post
    The reason so many here hate glass, is that those stupid schmuck developers don't know how to build proper glass buildings with proper seamless glass walls like you see in Tokyo...where the glass facade is almost like a crystal glass.
    First you say There are seamless glass buildings and now you say there are no such things-
    make up your mind

[QUOTE Oooh, let's insult someone today, how fun, yipee. ][/QUOTE]
    you reap what you sow.

Your use of that smiley is getting on my nerves... you think you're so smart, eh? No, none yet really, close to seamless, but not fully. Ginza, Aoyama, various stores,

Quote Originally Posted by scumonkey View Post
    [QUOTE Oooh, let's insult someone today, how fun, yipee. ]
    you reap what you sow.[/QUOTE]

Never attacked people in that manner, ever -- only defending myself from acusative posts. When did I call someone an OCD weirdo, this and that....

Most of the average buildings in the netherlands are plain boring too. So what?
    1) have you ever visited the Netherlands?
    2) Boring? Apart from some quickly built post-war neighborhoods, definitely not. Ugly? Well, that might be a different story. I might even prefer boring to a lot of the "creative" architecture...

And why so hostile? I love Tokyo, it's one of my favorite cities, but for sure not because of it's architecture. Most of it consists of just ugly concrete structures that wouldn't be allowed to be built anywhere in Europe or the US. Part of the deal if you have to house tens of millions of people in such a small area with that much seismic activity. Sure, there are a couple of truly amazing buildings, but just for architecture there are a lot more interesting places in the world, including NYC.

When did I call someone an OCD weirdo, this and that....
    I never said you did...but posts like these:
    ...leave the goddamn city either physically or emotionally. I am sick of the endless rethreads and same old conversations with the same old people saying the same goddamn things here. Sorry, but really, it is damn boring.
    ...Wow, maybe you should mind your own business, I didn't ask you./Your posts are the most boring I've ever seen...
    Don't help to win you any serious reply's

Empire State Building Celebrating 60th Anniversary of Communism in China
    (pic from: Blaine Report)

Now I'm really confused ...

What the heck is all this about?

Actually, a city of buildings made of crystaline seamless glass facades with curved forms would be stunning....If the uniformity was there.

Are you being a smart ass?

... The reason so many here hate glass, is that those stupid schmuck developers don't know how to build proper glass buildings with proper seamless glass walls like you see in Tokyo...where the glass facade is almost like a crystal glass.

Seamless glass? no such thing yet really...

Maybe it's better to stop arguing and start posting pictures again...

Dont you realize, I'm just an OCD weirdo living in a suburban hell hole. Bye.

Watch that screen door on the way out.

Funny...

Now, the glass i'm referring to does exist on certain Ginza buildings which has inspired me. However, it is not as seamless as I thought. Nearly, but not yet. I'm sure there is an example of pure seamless facades somwhere, but I do not know... I believe it could be stunning.

I belive it has been used on some airport terminals, but I forget.