Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Progress of Temporary PATH Station in WTC 'Tub'

Default Progress of PATH station in WTC "tub"

For instance if some wild twist of fate relegates all rebuilding null & void and an at grade park is desired; how can one take SOIL, DIRT and cover the hallowed, sanctified site? *How could we be so insensitive as to suggest such filth covering so sacred a place? *What dirt is worthy? Is any?!

Call me a contrarian or a heartless provocateur, but where does it stop?
    How can there be hallowed ground when there is no ground there, just an empty void? *I blame Libeskind for romanticizing the notion of exposed bedrock, and stark void as trubute. *
    If nothing is to be built, stop it all right now, leave it a deserted construction site. *Lay of the construction workers, forget all the bankrolling and investment by the PA and Silverstein. *Let all the office space and commercial interests leave the proximity of this wasteland for better shores. *Show the tourists that New York stands for debilitating bureaucracy and indecision, that will show the terrorists and reinvigorate lower Manhattan.
    Remember and respect, but for crying out loud, LIVE AND LET LIVE. *

Quote: from NYguy on 8:22 am on July 9, 2003
    The latest dispute demonstrates that almost no decision about the site goes unchallenged and that even as plans for the rebuilding of the site move forward, powerful constituencies intend to try to influence even the smallest of decisions.
    If only this would inspire Governor Patacki to take action and makes sure something will positively get built.

I actually think that the families are not going far enough. *Who said that the footprints should descend only down to bedrock. *I say NONSENSE! *The footprints should descend through bedrock, down to the liquid core of the planet, though bedrock on the other side, and out through Australia. *How dare those Australians build on what is obviously sacred land!

Yes, then they should electrify the footprints so people get zapped if they set foot on them.

LOL. . . *oh the sacrilege. *

Banned Member

They should have a solemn ceremony for family members on the sacred ground and serve up a potent batch of Reverend Jim Jones Cool-Aid. *I've lost any connection with these people and any compassion. *

I'm a bad, bad person.

photos taken 7/29/03

Work along Church St., Path entrance

A look at the path tracks down in the "tub"

Have you noticed how the a/c and mechanizal equipment on the roof of the temporary station reach almost to street level. That doesn't really leave any depth for the pit unless they plan on removing/redoing that whole top platform and everything that sits on it.

Same as above-
    This is looking North on the West side of the reconnected Greenwich Street, WTC 7 straight ahead, (last post). *They are placing buildings atop this station so this will be their basement. *Undoubtedly some of this will be reworked to accept the new buildings.

The 30' pit is further North and West,... now that I think about the waterfall entrance though I begin to ask the same question as you JMG.

It's hard to tell.

(Edited by NYatKNIGHT at 3:52 pm on July 30, 2003)

It looks like it is meant to fit under the base of the museum it just looks bigger than that though.

Forum Veteran

Such a small site, but what a big noise it makes.

Quote: from NYatKNIGHT on 3:38 pm on July 30, 2003
    It's hard to tell.

(Edited by NYatKNIGHT at 3:52 pm on July 30, 2003)
    Everybody please note that that's a map of the proposed bus parking deck, and not the PATH station. *They've been quietly building on top of the "footprints" since they started rebuilding the station. *They won't be able to build the station unless they build on the "footprints." *Unless they undertake the extensive engineering and excavation required to move the station one block east, which, with the way things work in Manhattan, would probably cost like 15 billion dollars and take 20 years. *Just so "the families" can have their hole in the ground. *The whole thing is so stupid I can't stand it. *Don't get me wrong, the "footprints" need to be the central idea of the memorial, but the "footprints" didn't go down to the bedrock before the attacks and there is no reason for them to do so now.

Oh, you're right. What the......where's that PATH station plan again?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast