Page 27 of 255 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bank of America Tower a.k.a. One Bryant Park - by Cook + Fox Architects

lol, that area might not seem like much to all of you, but to a small town person yearning to live in an urban enviroment (like me ), that looks like paradise!

Quote Originally Posted by ech1368
    It is not 719 feet...it was stated to be 900 feet but the top is lattice work. but hey whatever
    No one said the building was 719 ft....

Quote Originally Posted by NYguy
    Quote Originally Posted by ech1368
    It is not 719 feet...it was stated to be 900 feet but the top is lattice work. but hey whatever
    No one said the building was 719 ft....

NYGuy, i was talking about this

The post is a little confusing, but he said that he corrected the height estimations on the rendering. Someone else, using the green line as a 630 ft reference, estimated the building height to be 719. The red line is the adjusted 630 ft reference, making the building approx 900 ft.

it is always possible that the rendering pic, above, is intentionally underrepresenting the building's height; since, NIMBY B.S. about blocking out the last remaing bit of sun, from Bryant Part, could certainly spark some kinda "movement."

Correct Zippy....

Forum Veteran

The site is on the western edge of Bryant Park, so it would only be well past office hours before the building's shadow encroaches on it.

"office hours" ??

You must be in college...

:wink:

That building is pretty hot, has a modernish look to it, but thats besides my question...does any one know when constuction will initiate? I can wait to see that in the sky....Just think about it, i mean, lately (last few years) the major construction boom has been predominately in Asia..China, Korea, Japan, ect., but with the new structures and awsome plans in the making (olympic village, Bloomberg, bank of America Tower, the nets staduim, the prospects in BK, the new towers in Downtown; ie, 7 WTC, the WTC complex, and the new Ratner tower, this towe, and many other new tall structures will, i think, show New York City's will to survive, even if we are the victims of terrorist attacks, ect. I'm really happy about all of this! :lol: , but yea, going back to my main question...any one come across any dates for construction and or completion? Thanks

Some photos taken yesterday (Dec. 30) from Bryant Park. The new BOA tower will have a dramatic presence here...

Forum Veteran

I liked the original rendering, but this one is great as well. Any # of stories quoted?

Quote Originally Posted by tonyo
    I liked the original rendering, but this one is great as well. Any # of stories quoted?
    Ask Kelvin at SSP.com. :P
    http://forums.wirednewyork.com/viewt...0&start=45

Quote Originally Posted by TLOZ Link5
    The site is on the western edge of Bryant Park, so it would only be well past office hours before the building's shadow encroaches on it.
    Off today, just waiting for tonight's festivities - so I figured it out.

The street grid points to the NE by 30 degrees. The BoA site is NW of the park, and 42 st at 300 degrees. Using data from US Naval Observatory for June 22, the sun sets at 08:30 at 302 degrees, right along 42 st - which means the building will never cast a shadow on the park.

But I was never too good at cipherin', so I think you should take your new camera to the park next June and get us some shadow studies.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyo
    Ask Kelvin at SSP.com. :P
    http://forums.wirednewyork.com/viewt...0&start=45
    Thanks Zippy, that clears things up.

Forum Veteran

For some reason skyscrapers.com now lists it as "Never Built."