Page 38 of 255 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bank of America Tower a.k.a. One Bryant Park - by Cook + Fox Architects

I love this photo it really shows the site falling apart!

I wonder which is the rendering for 20 Times Square. Is it the 2nd from the left? Or the 5ht rendering? I know the 8th rendering is the 11 Times Square Tower.

Forum Veteran

5th from right.

Thanks. Ok...so what is the 2nd rendering tower then?

Times Square Tower

Banned Member

Destruction never looked so satisfying.

Its comin' folks...

OKoranjes:

Cook + Fox Architects Tuesday unveiled designs for the Bank of America Tower, which will be the second tallest building in New York City, and, the firm hopes, one of the most environmentally friendly tall structures in the U.S.

The 2.1 million square-foot, 945-foot skyscraper, located on Sixth Avenue between 42nd and 43rd Street, will be made largely of glass, steel, and aluminum. Its form will be marked with large folds and vertical lines, helping change viewers’ perception as they walk around the building. The form, firm members point out, is also meant to reduce wind drag against building, particularly its upper portions.

The building’s green features build on principal Robert Fox’s (formerly of Fox & Fowle) experience with 4 Times Square, aka the Conde Nast Building, next door, which was at the time one of the “greenest” skyscrapers ever built. For instance daylight at Bank of America is increased with taller ceilings (up to a foot taller than most office buildings, which explains why the mammoth tower will only be 54 stories) and floor-to-ceiling windows, while an onsite co-generation plant will provide much of the building’s energy. Other green elements include LED lights, recyclable building materials, waterless urinals, a gray-water system to capture wastewater and rainwater, and under-floor displacement air ventilation that allows for air filtering and individual heat and air control.

An urban garden room will greet visitors on the lower levels, while the building will also incorporate a restored and reconstructed theater, the 1,000-seat Henry Miller Theater.

The building will house Bank of America’s offices on its lower half, and a number of future tenants on its upper floors. It is scheduled to break ground in August and open in 2008.
    Derek2k3:

I guess they mean 2nd tallest with antenna mast but who cares.
    Right. But you can argue that this building's 945 foot roof is taller than the Chrysler Building, all spires excluded. When Freedom Tower finishes in 2007, BOFA will become on its completion the cities 3rd/4th tallest.

However its rank is not to detract from its impact. Its visibility is central. It will have a Citicorp-like presence. Couple that with the prominence of 42nd Street, Bryant Park, the addition of the NYTIMES Tower, and the culmination of an array of rather mediocre highrises on 6th Avenue. This is a skyline building! And it will have a profound impact on the cityscape as we know it today.

I would also like to make a point that I am happy that they added three floors to the height. While Cook + Fox maintained the building would be 960 feet, the building records said otherwise, maybe Cook + Fox were planning for this? Of late plans were for a 900 foot 51 storey building.

This building will at least in height surpass Citicorp. Will it's architecture give it landmark stature?

hopefully.

Does anyone have a picture of the present desighn of this building?

Forum Veteran

A few pages back in this thread.

I love this building!!!

It looks cool 8)

Yet kind of weird but in a good interesting way.

Does anyone have a picture of the present desighn of this building?
    A few pages back in this thread.
    Not necessarily.

Forum Veteran

...?

There's nothing official regarding a height change. (I assume you're thinking of the figure given in the article)