Page 5 of 255 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bank of America Tower a.k.a. One Bryant Park - by Cook + Fox Architects

Default [One Bryant Park] Future tower for Bank of America

How do you guys attach images?

Yeah Christian, I feel the same way. I feel Downtown isn't getting much love...we need these newer, nice looking buildings to start populating Lower Manhattan! It's been too many years without a noteworthy 'scraper going up Downtown.

I guess not, I screwed this up somewhere. But I'll be trying.

tugrul's Edit: Don't stick the address of the html page in *the img tag, right click on the image and gets its address

Here's one from the top

Forum Veteran

I take it that Pronto Pizza is gone as well?

Quote: from NyC MaNiAc on 12:06 am on May 29, 2003
    Yeah Christian, I feel the same way. I feel Downtown isn't getting much love...we need these newer, nice looking buildings to start populating Lower Manhattan! It's been too many years without a noteworthy 'scraper going up Downtown.
    I think those 5 new WTC towers will change that. *And you could be seeing a world's tallest. *Not bad for Downtown...

That's right.
    But the process has proven so painful so far that it gives the impression that downtown isn't getting much love.
    I'm happy that there are plans for the West Side, but Downtown should be the priority. Talks about big developments elsewhere should come later.

Quote: from Fabb on 6:57 am on June 1, 2003
    That's right.
    But the process has proven so painful so far that it gives the impression that downtown isn't getting much love.
    I'm happy that there are plans for the West Side, but Downtown should be the priority. Talks about big developments elsewhere should come later.
    Downtown is getting plenty of attention. *Because so many groups all want to have a say in the rebuilding of the WTC, the pace is moving slowly. *Besides, if the city does not make any plans to develop the westside, or make any improvements to midtown, then midtown will begin to decline. *

Good Point, NYGUY, but at this rate, it seems like it will never come. And I want to see us building Downtown in places that have not been destroyed. It's sad that the only major buildings going up in more than a decade are because major buildings we're destroyed.

Banned Member

It seems entirely appropriate to me that there are a multitude of projects being discussed for the multitude of neighborhoods in NY: Downtown, Midtown, Far West Side, Downtown Brooklyn. *This is precisely what makes NYC like no other.

(NY Post)

BOFA CLOSING IN ON 42ND STREET
    By STEVE CUOZZO

June 3, 2003 -- DOUGLAS Durst's plan to build a spectacular new tower for Bank of America on West 42nd Street just scored two big, back-to-back breakthroughs.

Durst and BofA quietly signed a "term sheet" last week, indicating that they have agreed on all key points of the deal to develop a $1 billion, 2 million square-foot, 57-story tower for the bank's new headquarters. A term sheet is a precursor to a lease and a framework for it, although not as binding.

BofA's real estate broker, Jones Lang LaSalle president Peter Riguardi, wouldn't confirm or deny, saying only that the bank "was evaluating all opportunities." Durst could not immediately be reached.

Yesterday, meanwhile, the Empire State Development Corp. took the first step toward condemning the handful of properties Durst does not already own on the block bounded by Sixth and Seventh avenues and 42nd and 43rd streets.

ESDC scheduled a June 18 public hearing on its proposal to condemn the land and override certain city zoning rules. Condemnation would clear out a few holdout properties and allow construction of a regularly-shaped tower with a rectangular base.

The project known as One Bryant Park would be one of Manhattan's longest-awaited developments, bringing a prestigious financial institution to the messy block linking Sixth Avenue's corporate corridor and the glittering "new" Times Square.

Durst built 4 Times Square, home to Conde Nast and law firm Skadden Arps, in the 1990s. But he has been unable until now to proceed with the rest of the block filled mostly with low-rise stores and fast-food shops.

The Post first reported back on Feb. 25 that BofA was scouting for a Manhattan site to build. Its leases in two buildings on West 57th Street expire in 2007.

Okay, we topped 800 feet....

....or at least pretty close to it.

Banned Member

Of course it would be a speculative answer, but, had BoA decided it did want to move into a new building at the WTC site, how long do you think that process would have taken? *This deal is moving quickly.

Personally, I'll be happy to see this building go up and, along with Time Square Plaza, see the Times Square Redevelopment complete. *Then, we will see significant *development in other areas of thec ity.