Page 54 of 255 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bank of America Tower a.k.a. One Bryant Park - by Cook + Fox Architects

Jason, I have had the same journey with only one difference:

1993 I opened my account with Bank of Boston
    1995 to present, same

I have just loved getting passed around. I have noticed that BOA is having some problems with Homelink. A number of people I know, including myself, have experienced mishandling of bill payments made thru Homelink since they took that piece over. Nothing too bad... Other than that I have not noticed anything.

Default clean these windows!

my trusty constituents can't see the damn site when the sun shines on these dirty a$$ windows...
    http://www.timelapser.com/webcam/
    they are really digging into the bones of the earth right now.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

There's nothing to see anyway.
    They're taking their own sweet time digging.
    Besides, the webcam will all come to an end in a week.

Default Construction Begins

Looks like construction has started. I found a hole in the fence next to the theatre (BTW pretty cool how that is being held up) and you can see the first re-bar being installed. This is one large construction site. Much deeper than nytimes building.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bp1.jpg 
Views:	513 
Size:	132.2 KB 
ID:	738  

Thumbs up

That's looking towards Conde Nast, I presume the foundations dont have to be as deep here as excavation continues on the east side of the site.

That's right. The view is looking towards Conde at the southwest corner of the site. Looks like there is a ledge or shelf on the west side and they are putting the foundations above that.

From what I saw today, there was no work being done on the east side which looks to be level and complete. The excavation work was happening in the middle of the site and along 42nd street.

Banned Member

Regarding the depth of the holes, I'm surprised because of the complex network of subway tunnels. I worked for Tishman when they were building 4TS and I remember Dan Tishman presenting our proposal for 745 7th (Lehman Brothers), which we won. He said, after building 4TS, constructing a building anywhere else in NY was like building something out in the country.

Is an underground pedestrian connection (tunnel), between the 6th Ave lines and Times Square IRT / BMT Station, being constructed as an infrastructure upgrade for the city, as part of this project?

^
    From the EIS:

a covered through-block public pedestrian corridor connection between 42nd and 43rd Streets located on the western portion of the Project site (adjacent to the existing Four Times Square building); consolidated and improved subway entrance at the northwest corner of Sixth Avenue and 42nd Street; a below-grade pedestrian connection between the 42nd Street-Sixth Avenue subway station and the 42nd Street-Times Square subway station with a new mid-block subway entrance between Sixth Avenue and Broadway;
    Last edited by ZippyTheChimp; March 15th, 2005 at 11:09 AM.

Went by the site earlier today...

Will this create more financial jobs for the city? Do you think BoA could eventually expand to the whole building?

Quote Originally Posted by alex ballard
    Will this create more financial jobs for the city? Do you think BoA could eventually expand to the whole building?
    Yes. and Yes.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

It'll be nice if they (BofA) would some day relocate their entire WORLD headquarters from Charlotte(?) to this building and reverse the trend of corporate exodus out of the city.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by antinimby
    It'll be nice if they (BofA) would some day relocate their entire WORLD headquarters from Charlotte(?) to this building and reverse the trend of corporate exodus out of the city.
    That would be nice, but it doesnt look like they would make such a move quite as yet....if they were i think it would have already been made public, and they would have occupied more of the tower.

Went by the site again today. This tower is still behind the NY Times tower as far as the foundation goes, but not by a whole lot:

APRIL 3, 2005

Digging deep for the main body of the tower:

The mid-lowrise end of the tower:

A comparison pic, work on the NY Times tower, also taken today. There are more pics in the NY Times thread....

APRIL 3 2005