Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596
Results 1,426 to 1,434 of 1434

Thread: Fulton Center

  1. #1426

    Default


    (MTAPhotos on Flickr)

  2. #1427
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,114

    Default

    looks better from the outside (where nobody goes)

  3. #1428

    Default

    I'm impressed that the MTA knew to leave exactly three blank spaces for additional subway lines at the Fulton Center.

    By 2018, it will look like this: . That's pretty damned good, especially when you include the PATH train and ferry service! If you include the late night service, the Fulton Center will serve as many lines as the Times Square station, which I believe would make them both the best connected subway stations in NYC.

  4. #1429
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,114

    Default

    Can you walk underground from Fulton Center to the WTC complex without paying a subway fare?

  5. #1430
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    On the Rails in North NJ
    Posts
    2,585

    Default

    Yes , from Brookfield Mall to Fulton..

  6. #1431
    Jersey Patriot JCMAN320's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    4,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
    I'm impressed that the MTA knew to leave exactly three blank spaces for additional subway lines at the Fulton Center.

    By 2018, it will look like this: . That's pretty damned good, especially when you include the PATH train and ferry service! If you include the late night service, the Fulton Center will serve as many lines as the Times Square station, which I believe would make them both the best connected subway stations in NYC.
    The one thing that noticed today going through Fulton Center; there were no signs directing you to PATH trains. Only thing is when you first enter the Dey Street Connector there is a sign to "WTC Transportation Hub" but no mention of PATH trains anywhere unless I missed it. In the short time there I saw four people ask directions to PATH and were told to go down connector. When one person asked why aren't there any signs for PATH, the security person just shrugged. That needs to be addressed ASAP.

  7. #1432
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,114

    Default

    Honestly the PATH station isn't completely open yet. It's more of a soft launch. It's almost impossible to find your way to the Fulton station from the World Financial Center unless you know exactly where you're going. They'll eventually open everything including adequate signage

  8. #1433

    Default

    The "Jersey People" need to be expedited to their tunnel

  9. #1434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JCMAN320 View Post
    The one thing that noticed today going through Fulton Center; there were no signs directing you to PATH trains. Only thing is when you first enter the Dey Street Connector there is a sign to "WTC Transportation Hub" but no mention of PATH trains anywhere unless I missed it. In the short time there I saw four people ask directions to PATH and were told to go down connector. When one person asked why aren't there any signs for PATH, the security person just shrugged. That needs to be addressed ASAP.
    I agree. And it doesn't even say "WTC Transportation Hub" at the Fulton Center's entrance to the Dey Street Concourse yet; it only says it inside the tunnel itself. There should be PATH signs for sure, even though only half of the tracks are open.

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Honestly the PATH station isn't completely open yet. It's more of a soft launch. It's almost impossible to find your way to the Fulton station from the World Financial Center unless you know exactly where you're going. They'll eventually open everything including adequate signage
    Luckily, it did get a little easier once they opened the second half of the Oculus recently, since they also cleared a straight path from the Oculus floor to the upper level of the West Concourse. However, it indeed won't be an intuitive connection until they finish installing the remaining PATH tracks and finally open the West Concourse in full.

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596

Similar Threads

  1. Winter Garden of World Financial Center - Recent pictures
    By Edward in forum New York City Guide For Visitors
    Replies: 166
    Last Post: August 31st, 2016, 01:04 PM
  2. Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree
    By Edward in forum New York City Guide For Visitors
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: December 21st, 2010, 10:17 PM
  3. Worthy Transit Improvements
    By Thomas in forum New York City Guide For New Yorkers
    Replies: 262
    Last Post: December 30th, 2008, 01:48 PM
  4. Transit Plan for Lower Manhattan
    By amigo32 in forum New York City Guide For New Yorkers
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: March 21st, 2008, 02:24 PM
  5. Jazz at Lincoln Center - Time Warner Center
    By Edward in forum New York Skyscrapers and Architecture
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: October 16th, 2007, 01:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Google+ - Facebook - Twitter - Meetup

Edward's photos on Flickr - Wired New York on Flickr - In Queens - In Red Hook - Bryant Park - SQL Backup Software