Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Columbus Circle (Historical)

Default Columbus Circle (historical)

Hm...
    Do you wish to say that renderings of these proposals can be found there? Or do you bring the bookstore up for some other reason?

You'll find a treasure trove, just loose yourself. There's not a specific book with proposals if thats what your asking.

Oh yes, I love that bookstore. I've not been there since... the fall. I wasn't sure if it was something more specific. Yes, I encourage anyone who posts here to take the time... and thanks for bringing it up. I should go there again soon myself.

Never heard of it. *Thanks for the tip!

Quote: from Ptarmigan on 3:45 pm on June 9, 2003
    Quote: from DominicanoNYC on 10:55 am on June 9, 2003
    Wow. I really like all of them. Well a few do look really outlandish, but these were really great. I'd say my top favorite would be the one by James Stewart.
    Some of them are cool. I wished they were built, but then again the AOL-Time Warner Building is also cool looking.
    Yeah! I think these are great, but there are none better than the TWC.

"Given what preceded, the outcome is a miracle."

agree

I just found this on the Cesar Pelli's website:

AIA Connecticut
    Unbuilt Project Award
    Columbus Circle

Quote: from DominicanoNYC:I'd say my top favorite would be the one by James Stewart.
    How about James Stewart Polshek, rendering by Mona Brown

And thank you for putting the renderer credits on the pictures.

Hum, the preview didn't show my signature.

Ernest Burden III

Hey, I see you collaborate with Sven.
    I know Sven... great guy, hockey player.
    Small world.

So, do you have any more copies (better or larger even) of the rendering that you can post here?

Hey, I see you collaborate with Sven.
    So, do you have any more copies (better or larger even) of the rendering that you can post here?
    Are you friend/client/other renderer?

As a matter of fact, Sven saved my butt on the Columbus Circle rendering posted above, coming in at the end as a hired gun. *It's not the only time, either.

As for posting, I hadn't planned on it. *I've seen way too many renderings posted here without any attempt at attribution for my tastes. *In fact, one of our friend Sven's (that would be Sven Johnson, architectural illustrator for those not in on the joke) best pictures--a tower by Philip Johnson, was posted here without his name.

If you think our work is worthy of your use to make a point, why not be respectful enough to list the author? *If you find a rendering on an architect's site without credit, email them, tell them you need the name so that you can use it when you re-post the picture here. *If they refuse to tell you, post THAT. *I would certainly like to know if that happens.

Acquaintances. We have two close mutual friends. His best man is a friend of mine and a guy he plays hockey with is also a good friend of mine. Our paths seems to continuely cross.

As to not crediting renderings, I'm sorry when that happens. Most of the time I post my own photography. Truthfully, most of what is posted here is posted in conversation, IE people don't contact architects firms about every post. But your point is well taken.

In future, I will make a real effort to credit renderings when I have the information to do so. Unssually people think to credit the architect or the firm, rarely the photographer or the renderer.

You know this has always been a good site for a huge centre and it is placed right at the end of the avenue so it needs a good focal point.

Is it just my imagination, or has the board suddenly been inundated with a deluge of "me too" posts?

No, me too. This would be the second on this page alone.

This month's Architecture Record has a tremendous article of the history of Columbus Circle. Ofcause I reccommend you pick it up, its perfectly intune with this thread.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast