Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Trump World Tower - 845 United Nations Plaza - Condo - by Costas Kondylis

Default Trump World Tower (TWT)

I was in NYC 10 days ago and took these shots of my favorite building of all time. Notice, the southeast corner is far less than straight, and the building leans to the west about 1 to 2 feet. Surprised me. And I'm not sure why they build it like this.

See attached.

also, my bad cuz the first pic isnt from the TWT.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ne1.JPG 
Views:	424 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	1043   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ne28.JPG 
Views:	569 
Size:	130.1 KB 
ID:	1044   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ne29.JPG 
Views:	414 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	1045   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ne30.JPG 
Views:	558 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	1046   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ne31.JPG 
Views:	517 
Size:	144.3 KB 
ID:	1047  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ne32.JPG 
Views:	466 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	1048   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ne33.JPG 
Views:	654 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	1049   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ne34.JPG 
Views:	539 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	1050   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ne35.JPG 
Views:	551 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	1051  
    Last edited by sadfg; August 1st, 2005 at 03:33 PM.

Um, I don't mean to be condescending, but why on earth is this your favorite building of all time?

The second pic from the left on the bottom looks this this building was constructed very crappily

I dont think his buildings are awful. I like the simple shape of twt and like how tall it looks. The othe trump tower is ok to i guess. His chicago tower is better than anything he has done in ny and i cant remember what his toronto tower is supposed to look like look like, you'd think with all that money and reputation he could afford a good architect

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

It looks bad from Roosevelt Island. It's just too tall, sticks up too much and not pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by alonzo-ny
    His chicago tower is better than anything he has done in ny
    But it's not yet built so how can you be sure?

Renderings mean nothing, especially when dealing with a salesman like Trump.

Yes the second picture from the left on the bottom does make it look like crap. Thats why i was surprised when i was there. The panels are all off a bit. You'd never notice it from the street, or even the sidewalk. When i took that i was all standing up on the base about to get yelled at.

The trump world tower is absolutely splendid. Rediculously tall, and so simple. Like a smokestack when viewing from downtown. How can you complain that a building is too tall when the reason we like skyscrapers is because of their huge heights??

This building is of absolute perfection. Inside and out (I went into the lobby also) it is utter richness. I even chatted with some of the security people and they like it as well. Eight tallest in NY or something like that. How can anyone complain about this eastside beast?

I think the tower is very beautiful but the ground floor is the usual Donald Trump bad-taste layered on top of more bad taste. Lot's of cheap looking gold and fru-fru. Pure kitsch.

I do like its simplicity and slender tallness. I believe his chi town tower will be better by judging from the massing, i predict it will look darker than its renderings and at least its not black for once. I may be proved wrong but we'll just have to wait and find out

Quote Originally Posted by sadfg
    I was in NYC 10 days ago and took these shots of my favorite building of all time. Notice, the southeast corner is far less than straight, and the building leans to the west about 1 to 2 feet. Surprised me. And I'm not sure why they build it like this.

See attached.

The top 2nd from the left with the triangular canopy is the garden at 100 UNPT.

Yes the second picture from the left on the bottom does make it look like crap. Thats why i was surprised when i was there. The panels are all off a bit. You'd never notice it from the street, or even the sidewalk. When i took that i was all standing up on the base about to get yelled at.

The trump world tower is absolutely splendid. Rediculously tall, and so simple. Like a smokestack when viewing from downtown. How can you complain that a building is too tall when the reason we like skyscrapers is because of their huge heights??

This building is of absolute perfection. Inside and out (I went into the lobby also) it is utter richness. I even chatted with some of the security people and they like it as well. Eight tallest in NY or something like that. How can anyone complain about this eastside beast?
    The second building on the left, whatever that is, its not the Trump World Tower. It looks to be a 10 storey building, TWT is 72 storeys and doesn't have any setbacks...

See attached.

Like all tall buildings, they sway a couple of feet. The picture probably just caught it in mid-sway.

What is it with The Donald and brass? You'd think every building of his were completed in 1983 if you didn't know any better.

A shame too because LOOK at that glass...one of the best glass walls anywhere. Even if his downtown building is a "boring" glass box, I bet it will be of the same good construction.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast