View Poll Results: Construction is underway, how do you feel about the final design for the WTC site?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am more than satisfied; I believe that the final design surpasses that of the original World Trade Center. 10/10

50 26.04%
  • While nothing may ever live up to the Twin Towers, I am wholly satisfied with the new World Trade Center; it is a new symbol for a new era. 7/10

55 28.65%
  • I have come to terms with the new World Trade Center; although it has a number of flaws, I find the design to be acceptable. 5/10

48 25.00%
  • I am wholly disappointed with the New World Trade Center; we will live to regret the final design. 0/10

22 11.46%
  • I am biased, but honest, and hate anything that is not a reincarnation of the original Twin Towers.

17 8.85%
Page 146 of 407 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 6091

Thread: World Trade Center Developments

If a design is to be released tomorrow the architect will most likely be none other than David Child's.

I don't think we are geting an actual design, just an architect and a construction timetable. The notice I received reads as follows:

"In addition to announcing the architect, Governor Pataki and Mr. Silverstein will unveil the timetable for the tower’s design as well as its construction, which will overlap with the construction schedule for the Freedom Tower."

In the other thread MrShakespeare attacked a graphic that says tower 2 is 65 stories. Seeing as the source is the Journal I assume they already know the details of what will be said tomorrow. So brace yourself for 65 stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    In the other thread MrShakespeare attacked a graphic that says tower 2 is 65 stories. Seeing as the source is the Journal I assume they already know the details of what will be said tomorrow. So brace yourself for 65 stories.
    Ive been braced for over a year now. 65 storeys has been in the site plan for atleast that amount of time.

what I mean is that IMO 65 was confirmed as the official number

I hope Childs isn't the architect of the second tower

Although I guess the only thing worse in my opinion would be Libeskind being the architect of the second tower. I know many people like him as an architect but I never found his World Trade Center designs to be very good.

Liebeskind: "I'll have my revenge now! muahahahhaahha"

If it's Childs do you guys think it will be a baby-FT or a new design altogether?

I hope those floors have some really high ceilings, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    what I mean is that IMO 65 was confirmed as the official number
    According to BPC's memo the building is yet to be designed. 65 storeys can't be confirmed since the building has yet to be designed, at this hour the building is still without an architect.

You're reffering to the graphic MrShakespeare posted, the graphic from the WSJ is simply an outline of the original site plan, nothing official about it, infact it already has changed. The siteplan lists the Freedom Tower as 69 storeys, it is 80 something... It lists storeys for tower 2,3,4,5, none of which have been designed, a design for tower five is almost a decade away as Deutche Bank is still standing and all.

Any bets as to whether or not the "spiral" of buildings as described in Libeskind's Master Plan will be retained?

The spiral will be retained IMO. We all know that developers generally want around 50 odd floors at 750 feet and they have the chance to get shorter with each sucessive building so I think they'll jump at keeping the spiral.

Be prepared for complaints about tower #2 at about 1000 feet being too tall next to the Freedom Tower.

I don't think a spiral is not necessarily a bad thing, I think its a logical site plan. Aesthetically it works, a wall of Freedom Towers wouldn't.

This annoucement tomorrow can't be much of a surprise. Didn't Silverstein announce at some point a year or two ago who the architects would be for towers 2-5, without stating the order? I seem to remember that Norman Foster was one of them. I cannot remember the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Stern
    According to BPC's memo the building is yet to be designed. 65 storeys can't be confirmed since the building has yet to be designed, at this hour the building is still without an architect.

You're reffering to the graphic MrShakespeare posted, the graphic from the WSJ is simply an outline of the original site plan, nothing official about it, infact it already has changed. The siteplan lists the Freedom Tower as 69 storeys, it is 80 something... It lists storeys for tower 2,3,4,5, none of which have been designed, a design for tower five is almost a decade away as Deutche Bank is still standing and all.
    the site plan says how many office floors there are in each tower therfore it is correct that freedom tower has 69

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1
    aha

Take on me......

With the release of information today about Tower 2, presumably there will be a new thread.... Here is my plea that the new thread be called 2 World Trade Center.

...And the building, too.