View Poll Results: Construction is underway, how do you feel about the final design for the WTC site?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am more than satisfied; I believe that the final design surpasses that of the original World Trade Center. 10/10

50 26.04%
  • While nothing may ever live up to the Twin Towers, I am wholly satisfied with the new World Trade Center; it is a new symbol for a new era. 7/10

55 28.65%
  • I have come to terms with the new World Trade Center; although it has a number of flaws, I find the design to be acceptable. 5/10

48 25.00%
  • I am wholly disappointed with the New World Trade Center; we will live to regret the final design. 0/10

22 11.46%
  • I am biased, but honest, and hate anything that is not a reincarnation of the original Twin Towers.

17 8.85%
Page 397 of 407 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,955 of 6091

Thread: World Trade Center Developments

Are those hideous gray contraptions complete? I was hoping they plan to do something more with them. (I'm not sure what.)

Plant trees around them, and hope they grow fast.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    Any year now, we'll be able to walk around this place.
    ^ Laugh of the day .

Excellent pics, Zippy, thanks.

What exactly are we looking at next to the temporary path station?

Actually, I think I have a guess to my own question...

Could they be testing for leaks and such on the new waterproof membranes, using the different colored water to detect if and where there are problems?

Quote Originally Posted by BPC View Post
    Are those hideous gray contraptions complete? I was hoping they plan to do something more with them. (I'm not sure what.)
    Notice all the lawn tractors parked to the north (just west of the north pool)?

Seems they forgot to set aside an interior space in those vent buildings or elsewhere to stash the needed maintenance equipment ...

Quote Originally Posted by arcman210 View Post
    What exactly are we looking at next to the temporary path station?

The tractors have been bothering me a whole lot. I wonder if they have space reserved for them in the Museum Pavilion or VSC?

What I was most impressed with is that they built those two hideous vent buildings in the middle of the solemn memorial plaza and then didn't even bother to put in some restrooms for the gazillion tourists, which would have taken at most 5% more space. That's the Port Authority for you.

I'm pretty sure there'll be public restrooms in the Memorial pavilion, as well as quite a few in the PATH station and shopping mall. The cladding on the vents is a terrible afterthought though (As is the cladding on the base of 1WTC. I'm holding out hope the final product of the base lighting will blow me away, although I fear the opposite.)

It would have been better if they made the vent buildings simple boxes, and clad them in stone matching the memorial.

The worst thing is that the metal screen cladding makes the buildings substantially bigger. Look how long the standoffs are:

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by arcman210 View Post
    I'm pretty sure there'll be public restrooms in the Memorial pavilion, as well as quite a few in the PATH station and shopping mall
    You'll just probably have to get wanded by big burly guards before going in and out

It's a new trend, nowadays.

But with all the Base Jumping, and the Parkour utilizing experts getting into the site, NYPD's security plan is making the city's decision all too easy. The PA should be ashamed--their plan was to reopen the site to the public, and they can't even protect it from trespassers when its still under construction.

Planting trees at the West St median.

And security barricade being installed on Liberty Street just east of West Street.