Page 604 of 968 FirstFirst ... 104504554594600601602603604605606607608614654704 ... LastLast
Results 9,046 to 9,060 of 14513

Thread: WTC Tower One - by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill

Ohhhhhhhh...(sorry, couldn't resist a bit of light relief on a Friday ).

FINANCIAL DISTRICT—
    Awww, 1 World Trade Center cranes are mating! In nine months we should have some baby cranes, which will hopefully help the rebuilding of ground zero go quicker.

http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2010/1...age_squash.php

Hah!

They're not really touching each other, as you already know. Just APPEARS that way.

And hopefully, if all goes well, the nine months ahead should make the tower not too far off from reaching the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Merry View Post
    Ohhhhhhhh...(sorry, couldn't resist a bit of light relief on a Friday ).

FINANCIAL DISTRICT—
    Awww, 1 World Trade Center cranes are mating! In nine months we should have some baby cranes, which will hopefully help the rebuilding of ground zero go quicker.

http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2010/1...age_squash.php

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...0252-21047528/

Forum Veteran

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1034.jpg 
Views:	2865 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	11399

LOL, uakoops. They don't look anything like their parents, though .

Forum Veteran

This is actually good news as the writer points out. If Durst didn't think the tower could get the higher rents in the open market he would certainly come down on the rates for the government tenants...

Real Estate Weekly

Durst reveals that state tenants will likely not occupy 1 WTC

Daniel Geiger
    11/4/2010

Rents in building too expensive to be economical for the state Durst says as deal with Conde to fill 1 million s/f progresses

Douglas Durst, the patriarch of one of Manhattan’s most successful real estate families who is negotiating with the Port Authority to become an equity partner in One World Trade Center, said that state tenants might not take space in the 2.6 million square foot tower after all.

Speaking at a real estate conference organized by the financial reporting and media firm Bloomberg LLP in midtown this morning, Durst, who is head of the real estate development and investment company the Durst Organization, projected that the tower’s rents would be about $70 per square foot, too expensive for state tenants.

When One World Trade Center was first conceived, state and Port Authority officials said that government tenants both on the federal and state level would lease hundreds of thousands of square feet of the tower’s space in what was essentially a government subsidy to make the over $3 billion tower financially viable.

Although the Port Authority was able to structure a non-binding agreement with the General Services Administration, the government office that handles leasing for federal tenants, in the years following 9/11 when plans to rebuild the site were originally drawn, the state’s commitment and what tenants it had in mind to occupy the tower remained murky.

There has been speculation before that government tenants might not occupy as much of One World Trade’s square footage as originally envisioned, but Durst’s statements are among the first from someone so closely involved in the building to seemingly confirm that the state will not move in.

“The state would have to sign a lease at rents that are higher than what they’d have to pay at other buildings and doesn’t make economic sense,” Durst said.

Federal tenants would likely still take space in the building, Durst said, noting that that arrangement made sense because “the building was designed and built to their specifications.” It still isn’t clear what federal offices will move into One World Trade but Durst said that the roster that may have originally been envisioned might also be in flux to “more business-oriented types of tenants than originally planned.”

The good news, of course, is that One World Trade Center no longer appears in such desperate need of public sector occupants. Conde Nast, which currently has its headquarters in a Durst-owned tower in midtown, Four Times Square, is negotiating to take about one million square feet in One World Trade in a deal that overnight appeared to reverse the building’s image as a white elephant. Durst said that between the federal tenants, Conde Nast, and a deal with the Chinese real estate company Vantone that was arranged in 2009, nearly two million of the tower’s 2.6 million square feet had been leased.

The Bloomberg real estate reporter David Levitt, who moderated the panel that Durst was participating on, noted that the remaining 600,000 square feet of space suddenly made what had initially seemed like a daunting leasing assignment far more manageable.

Durst said that leasing of the remaining space, which is situated in the upper portion of the 1,776-foot tall building and will likely command higher rents because of its views, would be now be done at a more patient pace to allow the Manhattan office market to continue to improve and the building to hopefully fetch those higher rents.

Though the building is scheduled to be ready for occupancy in 2013, but Durst said that the vacant 600,000 square feet wouldn’t likely get filled until 2015, in part also because it will take time to build out the space to prepare it for occupancy.

Durst said that both his deal to invest about $100 million to become an equity partner and the lease transaction to bring Conde into One World Trade Center were both progressing.

http://www.rew-online.com/news/story.aspx?id=1113

Merry, LMAO.

Baby pic.
    http://www.cornerpockets.com/Rokenbo...er%20Crane.htm

(^^^ I have one of those by the way, bought it for my son. That's my story and I'm sticking to it !)

Quote Originally Posted by ZenSteelDude View Post
    Merry, LMAO.

Baby pic.
    http://www.cornerpockets.com/Rokenbo...er%20Crane.htm

(^^^ I have one of those by the way, bought it for my son. That's my story and I'm sticking to it !)
    LOL, Zen. Hours of fun for your s....err both of you . Is there a grown-up one too ?

November 12th, 2010

What IS that thing sticking out up there in the 2nd pic? A dumpster?

Forum Veteran

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1044.jpg 
Views:	2204 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	11408Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1045.jpg 
Views:	2217 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	11407

Quote Originally Posted by Merry View Post
    LOL, Zen. Hours of fun for your s....err both of you . Is there a grown-up one too ?
    The fact that I bought it 6 years before he was born shows planning and foresight on my part, it was on sale !

If there is an adult version I'll let ya know as soon as I get mine home from the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Daquan13 View Post
    What IS that thing sticking out up there in the 2nd pic? A dumpster?
    I'm sure I posted what that thing is before, but anyway. It's a crane deck, it's used to bring stuff the crane lifted up to the floors that have already been framed out and decked. There are dozens of them on the tower. The one in the pic is mounted on rails so it can serve many floors.

Not the same brand, but the same thing.
    http://www.spec-net.com.au/press/0309/pre_250309.htm
    Last edited by ZenSteelDude; November 13th, 2010 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenSteelDude View Post
    The fact that I bought it 6 years before he was born shows planning and foresight on my part, it was on sale !

If there is an adult version I'll let ya know as soon as I get mine home from the store.

I'm sure I posted what that thing is before, but anyway. It's a crane deck, it's used to bring stuff the crane lifted up to the floors that have already been framed out and decked. There are dozens of them on the tower. The one in the pic is mounted on rails so it can serve many floors.

Not the same brand, but the same thing.
    http://www.spec-net.com.au/press/0309/pre_250309.htm
    Looks like that company also makes adult version baby cranes....
    http://www.spec-net.com.au/press/0810/pres_110810.htm

That did not escape my notice, but they are "Down Under" shipping costs would equal the cost of the unit.

i thought everyone would like to know the first piece of cladding is up in the northeast corner!

Name:  GroundZero_2010111490242.jpg
Views: 1039
Size:  64.1 KB
    Last edited by westmc9th; November 14th, 2010 at 09:08 AM.