Page 699 of 968 FirstFirst ... 199599649689695696697698699700701702703709749799 ... LastLast
Results 10,471 to 10,485 of 14513

Thread: WTC Tower One - by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill

Sunday 5/15

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1WTC5152011.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	12996

Hi all

It's been a long time since I have been on this website and coming back I am happy to be here after communicating with a good friend of mine... superstar forumer Daquan13.

My question is this.....

On the CTBUH website statistics, the Council has the observatory height of 1WTC as 400.5m or 1314ft. I see on a schematic from Culwulla on SSC that the observation floor and restaurants are lower than posted by the council. I have seen a height of 1265 ft or so, if I'm not mistaken, for the observatory. What is the correct height for these public floors or do we not know for sure?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by beyond 1000 View Post
    Hi all

It's been a long time since I have been on this website and coming back I am happy to be here after communicating with a good friend of mine... superstar forumer Daquan13.

My question is this.....

On the CTBUH website statistics, the Council has the observatory height of 1WTC as 400.5m or 1314ft. I see on a schematic from Culwulla on SSC that the observation floor and restaurants are lower than posted by the council. I have seen a height of 1265 ft or so, if I'm not mistaken, for the observatory. What is the correct height for these public floors or do we not know for sure?

Thank you.

Hi, Beyond 1000!

Welcome back to the board!!

That could be true, but did you know that plans for the restaurant have been killed?

Default Tower One has its head in the clouds today...

Sorry, no pic, but looking out at Tower 1 just now, with a break in the rain, well, you cant see the top of the tower right now. its all in the clouds. Meanwhile WFC is fully visible.

Kind of a nice 'benchmark' for a building...when it gets big enough to get lost in the atmosphere...Looks like things are getting tall!

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuy View Post
    You have a valid argument to say that I will admit, but for me I always go with the highest occupied floor's roof. Just me, so I give it to Sears/Willis Tower still.
    Have to agree with you there. Anyone can put a big antenna on their building, doesn't make it legitimately taller in my book

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Have to agree with you there. Anyone can put a big antenna on their building, doesn't make it legitimately taller in my book
    Yeah, by that logic, the CN tower beats them both. And we all know that the CN tower just doesn't count.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dbhstockton View Post
    Yeah, by that logic, the CN tower beats them both. And we all know that the CN tower just doesn't count.
    Correct, not as a building, IMO

My question is this.....

The answer, of course, can be found in the words of the always helpful, and painfully missed, ZenSteelDude:

Quote Originally Posted by ZenSteelDude View Post
    The diagram is cool, and wrong. It is also based on the old "UFO" comunications rings design.

The Restarant is on floors 100 (1,240 feet) and 101 (1,253' 4"), the observation deck is on 102 and 102M. (1,266' 8" & 1,279' 10")

Just read the Port Authority and Conde Nast have a final agreement on 20 floors, 1 million sqft. Goes before the PA board for final approval at the next meeting.

Condé Nast Will Be Anchor of 1 World Trade Center

Condé Nast Publications, whose stable of magazines chronicles the American zeitgeist as meticulously as any anthropologist, has reached an agreement to lease one million square feet at 1 World Trade Center, giving ground zero a much-needed corporate anchor with a proven ability to attract other businesses.

[...]

To attract Condé Nast, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which owns the site, had to take on some risk, notably by agreeing to assume the last four or five years of the company’s current lease in Times Square. But the deal, worth an estimated $2 billion over 25 years, still represents a victory for the Port Authority, which has suffered criticism for years of missteps, delays and political squabbling over the rebuilding of the trade center.
    Source - NY Times

This move just might give the "push" needed for other businesses to become interested in renting office space to the point where Towers 2 & 3 would be built!

Quote Originally Posted by Daquan13 View Post
    Hi, Beyond 1000!

Welcome back to the board!!

That could be true, but did you know that plans for the restaurant have been killed?

Hey Daquan

Plans for the restaurant have really been killed? I haven't heard this. Is this news really true?

Hey Daquan

Plans for the restaurant have really been killed? I haven't heard this. Is this news really true?

Yes it is.

It was posted in this thread several pages back. Go to page 665 and scroll down a little. Greenwich Boy posted it there.

They claim that it is not financially feasable. That it won't attract customers.
    Last edited by Daquan13; May 19th, 2011 at 01:23 PM.

Beyond 1000, go here, also, to read more;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_on_the_World .
    Last edited by Daquan13; May 19th, 2011 at 01:19 PM.