Page 725 of 968 FirstFirst ... 225625675715721722723724725726727728729735775825 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,875 of 14513

Thread: WTC Tower One - by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill

Makes sense. Sorry lofter! You are right...its gonna be crazy...

I have done my part in working with as many visitors as possible to get them to use the subway!

Quote Originally Posted by stache View Post
    lofter's talking about ground zero in particular.

My latest renderings, I posted some of these on SkyScraperPage as well:

It is a pretty clear weather this evening, so here goes:

Kings County Loyal BrooklynLove's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by injcsince81 View Post
    It is a pretty clear weather this evening, so here goes:
    Wild how the tower looks like a wedge in this shot. Please try to post the same shot once construction is done.

Are the cranes on top of 1 WTC around the height of the future spire/communications structure?

I don't think the top of the cranes are even at the height of the eventual rooftop of the tower structure.

Hello folks, I've been visiting here at the site since about December to watch the great photos you post of the construction underway. Many of you take photos from different angles and boroughs and I enjoy watching the progress in them. I see that many of you are enthusiasts of photography and I've read that some of you would like to know of good views of the tower and manhattan in its construction.

I personally know of a spot which I think is the best view of Manhattan anywhere in the world and it is in my neighborhood on Staten Island. Best of all the spot is on the sidewalk and is unrestricted. The view of Manhattan from the intersection of Victory Boulevard and Forest Avenue is a spectacular image. When I describe where I live to people I often describe it as "living with the emerald city on the horizon".

This is a painting of the view from the intersection of Forest Avenue and Victory Boulevard from the year 2000 by painter Sarah Yuster titled "Victory Boulevard at Dawn". It looks North to manhattan along victory blvd.

Attachment 13671

As you can see the view is spectacular with a clear view of the Empire State Building, The Chrysler Building, The Statue Of Liberty and other landmark skyscrapers of the city. Obviously the painting is pre-9/11, but as Tower 1 has risen it is from this spot you can get a good sense of its height and mass compared to other buildings because the view is from a highly elevated, steep hill (Staten Island is the highest point on the East Coast of the United States).

I sincerely believe a professional or skilled amateur photographer could capture an iconic image of the New York Skyline from this spot.

As far as traveling to this spot all one has to do is take the S-61,62,67,48 or 98 bus from the ferry which is about a 10 minute ride. Another good spot is about a block away at the intersection of Oxford Place and Woodstock Ave. All in all you can get from lower manhattan to the location and back again in less than hour.

I hope my first post here to this forum has provided you guys with a great spot from which to track the progress of this phoenix rising from the canyons of lower manhattan. For years the twin towers truly dominated from this view with the only rival being the timeless Empire State Building. It was from here I watched them collapse 10 years ago. I hope to see and updated skyline soon.

Quote Originally Posted by macreator View Post
    Are the cranes on top of 1 WTC around the height of the future spire/communications structure?
    No. Still about 400 or so feet until the building itself is topped out.

FDNY, your attachment is broken. Here's a link to an image of the painting: http://www.zographia.com/html/landscape-18.html

The view of downtown as shown in "Victory Boulevard at Dawn" by Sarah Yuster:

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Kind of reminds me of San Francisco.

Yeah, that is a pretty steep hill there.

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    I don't think the top of the cranes are even at the height of the eventual rooftop of the tower structure.
    Wow, what a mammoth.

The view I have from my window tells me that the top of the cranes are now situated well below the top level of the original North Tower.