Good to see that 4WTC is about to break through that downtown plateau as well.
Wonder if Libeskind is happy to see his WTC spiral beginning to be realized?
Personally, I can't wait for that "Wedge of Light thing!
Wedge of light would have been created by Tower 2, which doesn't plan to be completed soon.
This particular page (775) has perhaps the best pictures to date of 1 WTC. DKNY's first photo shows just how well the skyline is restored from that famous angle, as do Zippy's photos. I also love the reflection of the glass with the dark sky in 325's photos. 10-1/2 years on and witnessing the rebirth never gets old.
I don't know about best pictures, TallGuy, newhannibal shoots some amazing pics and he's not on this page... :-)
But I have to comment on the rebirth not getting old. I have to admit that I stopped paying attention to the downtown skyline once the Towers fell. I don't know if it was grieving (I saw them falling in real time), or what. I absolutely HATED the skyline without them. But once WTC1 started going up, I look at the skyline every day. Every single day, day and night. There is a lot to be said about rebirth...
Looks like the glass is almost at the "octagon" level.
My WTC 1 Shots...
From New Jersey
DSCN0973 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr
DSCN0759 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr
DSCN0761 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr
DSCN0766 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr
DSCN0814 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr
@ the site
DSCN0936 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr
DSCN0931 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr
DSCN0926 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr
DSCN0923 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr
DSCN0917 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr
DSCN0912 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr
DSCN0910 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr
DSCN0905 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr
DSCN0898 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr
*The following information was last updated on January 13, 2012.
- Facade installation is now above floor 66
- Tower steel is now above floor 91. It is expected to top out by appx. April of 2012.
- Installation of the 400-foot-tall antenna in spring 2012.
- Concrete is now being installed above floor 85
- Spray-on fireproofing underway
- Elevator shaft fit-out
- Multiple cranes on site for steel and concrete installation
- Both the south and north cores are now being erected as the structure rises
- "Cocoon" safety system now in place around upper perimeter, to rise with structure
- Utility installation and tie-ins
- Crews are coordinating substructure construction while maintaining PATH service