Page 811 of 968 FirstFirst ... 311711761801807808809810811812813814815821861911 ... LastLast
Results 12,151 to 12,165 of 14513

Thread: WTC Tower One - by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill

If Durst is smart (heh) he'll install LEDs on the mechanical floors as well so he can fill up all of that empty space with some kind of alternating light scheme ala the Empire State Building.

I suspected it before but this render confirms it. The new antenna is an improvement.

Now it looks just like another antenna like every other antenna on all the other buildings in NYC. The original with the radome cover gave it a more intricate appearance. The original was much better.

Sometimes we only need to listen to what people say to know what they really think.

From Durst:
    I try not to get involved with the aesthetics. Weíre here to discuss how itís built and how itís maintained.
    How can he say he isn't involved with aesthetics? He means that he doesn't care.

We often lambast architects, but often it's the developer that's responsible for how a building turns out. Unfortunately, many of them are philistines.

It's going to look a lot like another Durst building.

I suspected it before but this render confirms it. The new antenna is an improvement.
    Agreed, now if they would just reconsider putting those chamfered corners back into the design...

... I hated it at first... but it's growing on me...

Is there going to be one street entrance for office workers, and a seperate entrance for the public going to the observation tower? Or will the public have to enter from the underground mall or elsewhere? Or are they all going to share an entrance? Does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by bigchet View Post
    Now it looks just like another antenna like every other antenna on all the other buildings in NYC. The original with the radome cover gave it a more intricate appearance. The original was much better.
    +1

How a building that is soooo expensive ends up looking so cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    Is there going to be one street entrance for office workers, and a seperate entrance for the public going to the observation tower? Or will the public have to enter from the underground mall or elsewhere? Or are they all going to share an entrance? Does anyone know?
    Both office workers and visitors will be able to access from Calatrava's corridor or from the four entrances located at street level. North, south and east entrances are destinated for workers while the western entrance for visitors heading the observation levels.

This Morning

©tectonic

Photo from today. Sorry for the picture not being the best, iphone

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vinschi...n/photostream/

We are all entitled to our opinions, and I respect yours. However, I beloeve that the lack of the randome is truly a negative.

Quote Originally Posted by James Kovata View Post
    We are all entitled to our opinions, and I respect yours. However, I beloeve that the lack of the randome is truly a negative.

Yeah I agree with you on the antenna. I think if it was shorter it may look better scents it don't have the covers around it. the original WTC antenna was not that tall I don't believe and if it was tall that might have looked goofy too.

I received a PM yesterday from a new register who didn't post on the forum. Anyone else get one?

Our role in 1 WTC is limited to advising on construction and leasing. We leave the aesthetics to the Port and SOM. I do care about aesthetics and am deeply involved in our buildings, but at 1 WTC the design was decided long before we got involved. We can only advise the Port on what is impractical, it is their decision what to change.